Beiträge von bootleg

Sorry to bump this thread, but I am hoping that anyone has a solution to get at least one of the drives limping so i can retrieve data. Thanks.

Edit - Tried to do a bit more on the diagnostic on one of the drives. Leaving one completely untouched.

Edit 2 - was able to put the drive in a limp mode of sorts. Using the command:

Code
    testdisk /dev/sdg

And was able to convert it to a GPT partition to recover all data.

output of cat /proc/mdstat

output of blkid

Code
    root@server:~# blkid
    /dev/sdb: UUID="250a2ff4-ca91-299b-bdf6-1085f73f1eba" UUID_SUB="4717fb1f-a80f-822b-a8d9-a1f84fbfc01e" LABEL="openmediavault:Array1" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sda: UUID="250a2ff4-ca91-299b-bdf6-1085f73f1eba" UUID_SUB="1c0fdcbd-c30f-67c6-a736-8219ccdee418" LABEL="openmediavault:Array1" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sdc: UUID="e0051b6f-d629-8cea-cea6-530b7af33c9c" UUID_SUB="40a18d80-ae37-3b4c-060a-31d6cd0d7db1" LABEL="openmediavault:Array0" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/md127: LABEL="array0" UUID="f038462d-c3c2-4aaf-97a8-23357c044f6c" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/md126: LABEL="array1" UUID="9a1aeafe-7406-45a5-890e-56b42d132ba9" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdd: UUID="e0051b6f-d629-8cea-cea6-530b7af33c9c" UUID_SUB="d6733487-bfbb-e92d-b365-c79c67e7714c" LABEL="openmediavault:Array0" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sde1: UUID="c56914f6-f090-457c-8be4-48a233c53878" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sde5: UUID="a932d14a-b38f-4c6d-85e2-87b7428e7209" TYPE="swap"
    /dev/sdf1: LABEL="dump" UUID="3a3b968b-cbc4-44e6-9419-9ec4d3a0c619" TYPE="ext4"

output of fdisk -l

/dev/sdg and /dev/sdh are the two drives within the array that disappeared

Also, using Debian Wheezy with OMV 1.19 on kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64 on a haswell intel celeron g1840 processor and MSI motherboard

edit - mdadm.conf

Ok, back again after extensive searches on Google with no results. My problem is this. 4 days ago I went to watch a show that was stored on my OMV machine from my Kodi box. My mysql library didnt come up. After a bit of digging, i found that the array that its on is gone.

Using the mdadm -examine /dev/sd* command, i found that neither disk in the array had it's superblocks. That is completely gone.

Also used the scan and assemble flags with mdadm as well with no luck. Tried moving the drives to the onboard sata ports from the controller card as well. No joy. Any and all guides I have found require that at least one drive have it's superblocks. And since neither of mine have them, am I to assume that it be best to start fresh? Kind of not wanting to lose about 1TB of data that was there.

Also, the mdadm.conf still has it defined there, but i am guessing that doesnt matter since the uid of the array will likely change if the array can be restored.

Please let me know if any command ouptuts need to be posted.

First thing. If you have an existing Kodi video database on your Kodi machine, you should make a backup. Refer to http://www.kodi.tv/ forums for that.

With that done, you must first make sure that your OMV machine aquires the same IP address every time it starts up. This is called Static IP address. Refer to http://www.dlink.com/-/media/Consumer_Products/DIR/DIR 860L/Manual/DIR860LA1manual042213v10US.pdf Go to page 53 to do this.
    Reboot your router and then your OMV machine. The IP address I assigned to my OMV machine from my router is 192.168.1.100. Yours will be different because of the IP range that your router is set to.

For the sake of simplicity, I will refer to your assigned IP address as 192.168.x.x

Now that your OMV machine has a static IP address, we can begin with the guide

Step:

1. Install omv-extras if you have not already. If you have, skip to step 2.
    2. Install the mysql plugin
    3. Select the mysql plugin from the list to the left of the omv webgui.
    4. Enable it and select a volume that the databases will reside on.
    5. In the OMV webgui, on the mysql section, you will change the bind address to 192.168.x.x (remember that the ip address is the one you assigned to your OMV machine and not with any letters in it.)
    6. on the OMV machine itself, log in as root
    7. Type in the command (without the quotation marks) "service mysql stop" and it should stop.
    8. Type in the command (without the quotation marks) "nano /etc/mysql/my.cnf"
    9. Go down to the entry Bind Address = 127.0.0.0
    10. Change it to 192.168.x.x (remember that the ip address is the one you assigned to your OMV machine and not with any letters in it.)
    11. Type in the command (without the quotation marks) "service mysql start" and it should start.
    12. In the OMV webgui, on the mysql section, click on "launch management site"
    13. Log in as user root with password openmediavault
    14. In the menut "Tools" select "User manager"
    15. Once the user manager subwindow appears, click on "Add User"
    16. User name will be: kodi
    Host will be: %
    Password will be: kodi
    confirm password will be: kodi
    17. Click on global privileges tab and check Select all/None box.
    18. Click button "update user"

With that done on your OMV machine, you now need to add the mysql info to the advancedsettings.xml in Kodi. This will be in the userdata folder.

contents will be (of course the 192.168.x.x will be the IP address you assigned your OMV machine) Refer to http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_Kodi

I apologize that this guide is rather crude, but I'm not even really awake yet. Translation coming.

Translation:
    우선. 당신이 당신의 KODI 시스템에서 기존 KODI 비디오 데이터베이스가있는 경우, 당신은 백업을 만들어야합니다. 그에 대한 포럼을 kodi.tv/을 참조하십시오.

그 짓을, 당신은 먼저 OMV 시스템이 동일한 IP 주소는 시작할 때마다 취득 해 있는지 확인해야합니다. 이것은 고정 IP 주소라고합니다. 수동 dlink.com/-/media/Consumer_Products/DIR/DIR 860L / 참조 / DIR860LA1manual042213v10US.pdf이 작업을 수행하는 53 페이지로 이동합니다.
    라우터 다음 OMV 시스템을 다시 부팅합니다. 내 라우터에서 내 OMV 머신에 할당 된 IP 주소는 192.168.1.100입니다. 당신 때문에 라우터로 설정되어 IP 범위의 다릅니다.

간단히하기 위해, 나는으로 192.168.xx로 할당 된 IP 주소를 참조합니다

이제 OMV 머신은 고정 IP 주소를 지니고 있으니 가이드와 함께 시작할 수있다

단계 :

당신이 이미하지 않은 경우 1. OMV-엑스트라를 설치합니다. 당신이있는 경우, 2 단계로 건너 뜁니다.
    2. MySQL의 플러그인을 설치
    OMV의 웹 GUI의 왼쪽에있는 목록에서 MySQL의 플러그인을 선택합니다.
    4.를 활성화하고 데이터베이스에 상주 할 볼륨을 선택합니다.
    OMV의 웹 GUI에서 5. MySQL의 섹션에, 당신은으로 192.168.xx 바인드 주소를 변경합니다 (IP 주소가 당신이 당신의 OMV 기계로하지 그 어떤 문자로 할당 한 것을 기억합니다.)
    OMV 기계 자체에 6. 루트로 로그인
    7. "서비스 mysql을 정지"(인용 부호 제외) 명령을 입력하고 그것을 중지해야합니다.
    (인용 부호 제외) 명령에 8. "나노 /etc/mysql/my.cnf"
    9. 항목 바인드 주소 = 127.0.0.0로 내려 가서
    그것으로 192.168.xx 10. 변경 (IP 주소는 당신이 당신의 OMV 기계로하지 그 어떤 문자로 할당 한 것을 기억합니다.)
    11. "서비스 MySQL의 시작"(인용 부호 제외) 명령을 입력하고 그것을 시작해야합니다.
    12. OMV의 웹 GUI에서, MySQL의 섹션에 "발사 관리 사이트"를 클릭
    암호 openmediavault와 사용자 루트로 (13) 로그인
    menut 14. "도구"는 "사용자 관리"를 선택
    사용자 관리자 서브 윈도우가 표시되면 (15), "사용자 추가"를 클릭
    16. 사용자 이름은 다음과 같습니다 KODI
    호스트는 다음과 같습니다 %
    암호는 다음과 같습니다 KODI
    될 것입니다 암호를 확인 : KODI을
    글로벌 권한 탭 (17)을 클릭하고 모든 / 없음 상자를 선택하십시오.
    18. 버튼 "사용자 업데이트"

즉 당신의 OMV 기계에서 수행, 당신은 지금 KODI의 advancedsettings.xml에 MySQL의 정보를 추가해야합니다. 이 유저 데이터 폴더에있을 것입니다.

내용은 (물론으로 192.168.xx가 IP 주소가 당신이 당신의 OMV 기계에 할당됩니다)입니다 참조 http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_Kodi

나는이 가이드는 다소 조잡 것을 죄송하지만 나는 아직도 정말 깨어 아니에요.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

And it appears you solved your issue. Great! Leaving this here since it took a bit to gather my thoughts and took a bit of effort to type it out.

OK, from your message, I can assume that you want to keep your Kodi video database on the OMV machine itself. What is your native language? I can use Google translate to convey a crude guide to get you up and running.

Just a quick question. Are you trying to use the shared database for Kodi?

If so, have you:
    1. Set your OMV machine to a Static DHCP address from your router?
    2. Edit the bind address in the my.cnf for mysql?

There's a tweak or more to do to mysql on OMV, but I'm not looking at anything right this second.

That gave me a less invasive idea. I simply logged into the OMV webgui, navigated to users, changed my password (be it the same as it was) and applied changes, and now it's fully corrected.

Thank you for pushing me in the right direction.

Guest access is no longer an issue. Windows doesn't ask for a password to even see or access the OMV samba shares now. It only ask for passwords for the two protected shares. clonezilla and Personal. And yes, my username and passwords are identical between Linux and Windows.

The updated smb.conf the system is currently using.

@subzero79 - Before posting, I did read as much as I could take in via site search and Google. Of course with that, sifting through it all to find useful information can be a task within it self. At this point, ACL is no longer used. (And in my opinion, should be completely disallowed from OMV's webgui to prevent users like me from accessing it.)

@ james_h - Oh, I restarted Samba numerous times meticulously changing settings one at a time to get it to work. Thank you, but that didn't cure it.

After a week of searching google, I stumbled upon a relatively simple solution, (while doesn't correct all of my issue,) that does work.

In my smb.conf, I had to enter the simple variable in the global section after checking allow null passwords.

Code
    security = share

Then of course restart samba.

This finally allowed windows to see the omv machine, and actually access all the guest shares with read/write permissions. However, I am still unable to access any protected shares. This includes using the correct user name and password. I'm sure I will correct that at some point.

OK. I finally decided to switch to an Intel setup so I could actually upgrade to Wheezy with OMV 1.x. Currently on 1.12. I've had a number of issues like MySQL not shutting down to configure, but I found workarounds for that.

What I am having issues with today is that regardless of Permissions settings, ACL's, or any other shared folder setting, Windows 7 can not access or even see any of the shared folders in Samba. I have used the reset. Afterwards, I used ACL to set all shared folders to the "nobody" user for guest access to them. I left my username unchecked. The only shared folders that are not set to "nobody" but my username and group in ACL are clonezilla and personal.

Now, Windows can't access any share at all. Can't even see them. As soon as I double click the OMV machine in Network on the WIN7 cpu, it prompts me for a password. Also, my username and password are the same on both the WIN7 and OMV machines.

Here's the smb.conf

And finally some screen shots of what I've been dealing with:

If anyone could help me resolve this so that windows could actually use the shares, I would appreciate. This is frustrating. Oh, my HTPC with an Ubuntu variant (KodiBuntu) can see shares just fine.

yes. manually installed. 3.1.2 from backports since I can no longer use the webgui.

Edit - I've put this on the back burner for now as I need a stable system. So I dumped the OMV 1.0 install and reverted to a clonezilla image of .5 on squeeze as that functioned as I needed it to. Thank you for the help though. :)

As far as I can tell, this is a kernel issue. I have successfully downgraded to 2.6.x and the system will stay off with WOL enabled. Seems like the 3.2.x kernels are bugged.
    One thing I have noticed throughout the process since the beginning, the OMV webgui will not load properly sometimes. It will stay in a constant state of refreshing itself on the login screen making it impossible to log into it.

I am really starrting to dislike the Debian flavor of Linux. Makes me appreciate Ubuntu even more.

I've learned that turning off WOL will allow the system to fully shut down, but that isn't an option since I have my router set with from jobs to wake it at specific times only. I know the router isn't at fault since it worked fine and never woke the system at random times.

Even installing a fresh copy of wheezy produced the same issue. No change updating the BIOS. As soon as I can, I will try installing the back port kernal and report back as I have had a busy week and weekend.

Sorry about the late reply. The method above yields no success. Here's the output of ethtool though

Alright. Got a small problem. Everything about the upgrade went well, and everything functions properly. Except powering off the system. I can initiate shutdown from the webgui, power button, poweroff command from the command line itself or through SSH. This includes using force and halt options with it. It will always reboot the system. Before the upgrade, I could send a poweroff command to the server and it would stay off. Now, it willl go through shutdown procedure completely, the power LED will shut off for a split second, and the system will power itself back on.

I will dump any logs you need, just let me know the command to do it as I am still not familiar with that. This is just frustrating. Any ideas on what it is?