Beiträge von carlitos008

I can use either a silent pc (j1900 celeron 4 gig ram) or an M73 (core i3 - 4 gig ram) both older and they both have quick sync (I think).

I want to install OMV in the main drive in the pc and then use an external (or 2) USB HDD for data. I would make it a target for backup from my own location over a VPN and also setup some sort of media sharing (plex) for my mom.

Any suggestions, would this work? is it a bad idea to have USB as the data drive? aside from reliability, would it work? is it possible? or are there recommendations? this will require little power, i like that it will be silent and I will only do backups between midnight and 5 am so traffic will not be an issue.

I am unable to find in comments if other are doing what I am describing and have been doing it long term. That is basically what my interest is, long term experiences or know how,.

I have my own NAS which I would move to her location (I have one to spare) but I rather use OVM to start learning it more.

Anyone who can help it is appreciated.