Beiträge von cavebutter

Thanks for your reply. I ended up rsync'ing the HFSPlus drive to the EXT4 drive. All good, but now the owner and group of everything is 99. Is it safe to CHOWN it to root:users?

I should add that the purpose of all the files and directories I moved is just to be consumed by a Plex server in Docker.

New user here. I am having some configuration issues and have not been able to find the answer so far. Clean install of OMV 5 on a 2014 Mac Mini. I have mounted and shared 2 volumes: one is an external drive with data formatted HFSPlus. The other is external ext4. The shares are set to "Everyone Read/Write"

When I try to enable NFS and share directories, I get the following error, with detailed message below. Any ideas what to do?

New user here. I am having some configuration issues and have not been able to find the answer so far. Clean install of OMV 5 on a 2014 Mac Mini. I have mounted and shared 2 volumes: one is an external drive with data formatted HFSPlus. The other is external ext4. The shares are set to "Everyone Read/Write"

I enabled SMB and set up shares for both of these drives as Only Guests.

From a Mac in my home network, I can connect to both shares, drill into folders and read files. I cannot create or delete to any directory in the shares. This holds when I am logged in as a guest as well as a named user with Read/Write to those directories. Screenshots below. Any ideas what I can do to have Write, Create, Delete permissions for this share?

Hi,

My first post and I apologize if I'm in the wrong section.

Just installed OMV 5 for the first time. I have about 6TB of data that I want to transfer to the NAS from a Drobo connected to an iMac. I have the shared folders mounted and just started transferring a few directories as a test. I am looking at over 1 day to transfer 230GB.

I won't try to hook up the drobo, but I have an external USB backup drive with all the data. It's Mac formatted with Extended Journaling. I'm wondering if I can mount that to the OMV box and transfer the files via terminal. Will it be able to read it?

Thanks!