Beiträge von dwork1n

I have created a user which I want to mount on a separate disk.

Using the command line I would just "mount /dev/sdb1 /home", then I'd add it to the fstab file which appears not to be encouraged.

Please could someone tell me the best way to do it.....Thanks

Hi all I have been happily using snapraid for sometime now, one of my data disks is reporting failure errors so I need to replace it, do I just remove it and mount a new disk then sync ? I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction....Thanks in advance

Good question which I did give a lot of thought before posting, I only want to use freenas for data and what little I have read points to zfs as the best file system for storing data, omv will still be my go to server for plex owncloud etc, I am no guru so open to be persuaded if I am choosing the wrong option.

Please could someone advise I need help with deciding the best way to connect my omv box to a new data server should I use iscsi nfs or samba.

I have been running plex on my omv box using ext4 snapraid (4 x 3T disks using 1 as parity) for a couple of years now and am very happy with the setup. A few days ago received a message that one of the disks was about to fail so I am replacing it as we speak. This has finally prompted me to move my data to a separate box I am edging towards freenas as the o/s and already have the hardware (8 x 3T disks using 3 as parity).

Thanks in advance.

After reading some of the the threads I realise what the issue is please could someone tell me where I can download earlier files i.e. plexmediaserver_0.9.16.6.1993-5089475-debian_amd64.deb unfortunately before I knew what the problem was I followed instructions to remove plex and deleted my earlier ones in my archive folder....Thanks

I have just tried to update OMV using the webgui, the web page just hung, I logged into the system did an apt-get update, received the follow

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/sbin/omv-mkaptidx", line 55, in <module>
    cache = apt.cache.Cache()
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apt/cache.py", line 102, in __init__
    self.open(progress)
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apt/cache.py", line 145, in open
    self._cache = apt_pkg.Cache(progress)
    SystemError: E:The value 'stable' is invalid for APT::Default-Release as such a release is not available in the sources
    Reading package lists... Done
    W: GPG error: http://plex.r.worldssl.net lucid Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 43525C28E533491A

appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Donald

I am probably doing something wrong cannot find some of the Tesing plugins after putting tick in testing i.e. couchpotato, sabnzbd. I downloaded and installed Omv Extras 0.6.22.1 using Sardaukar, do I need to install the Backports Kernel ? Appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

When accessing my plex server 192.168.1.150:32400/manage using browser chrome I receive the following error "400 Bad Request" tried using internet explorer it works, I cannot believe it, does anyone have any ideas why ?

Thanks in advance.

I've built my OMV installed the OS on a small ssd with 4 disks running software raid 5 and a mounted ext4 filesystem, with a user and group created via the gui. I have struggled to install plex to the point where now their are only a few issues. Please could someone point me in right direction regarding the following.

Using the gui can someone tell me how to give my user a home group and how to create folders or can it only be done via cli?

Doh!!! found it in Access Rights Management

Apologies if I am asking in the wrong group, I am trying to setup my OMV, using the web interface it will not allow me to put a space in a shared folder name, appreciate if someone could explain what I am doing wrong, at the cli you would just put it in quotes?

Thanks in advance