Beiträge von pamag

When I said that I have only web access I mean I have only the web admin password but no other account in the machine. I was wondering if OMV had a way of setting the numeric UID as FreeNAS has. Not a big deal to have a sudo account in the machine, just wondering if I really do need it. Indeed I prefer to do all the things in the CLI myself instead using GUI or systems like OMV, but as I was provided the configuration access that way by sysadmins I decided give it a try.

I have a OMV 0.5.44 with NFS shares.
    I have an issue with the NFS share configuration.
    If I add 1 IP range in client option, things are OK and I can connect. If I want to put two different IP ranges it does not accept a space and if I separate the IPs with comma it is accepted but the file in /etc/exports looks like

/export/foo 192,168.100.0/24,192.168.101.0/24(rw,subtree_check,secure)

and it does not work.

I have changed manually exports as:

/export/foo 192,168.100.0/24(rw,subtree_check,secure) 192.168.101.0/24(rw,subtree_check,secure)

It works but it gets rewritten if the OMV gui is used to change other exports.

What I can try next?

Hello,
    In order to be able to connect by NFS seems that my user ID should be the same in both, server and client. How can I set the user ID manually in OMV? I have not seen an option for this in the user creation panel. Installing webmin or changing /etc/password seems too much complicated and probably there are more simple options[.