Beiträge von ftriscari

…no, I would do something simpler
    1. Create an image of your current drive with Clonezilla.
    2. remove the current drive and keep it safe.
    3. plug in the new system drive
    3.Launch clonezilla and clone the old system on the new drive
    4. Reboot.

If everything goes well the system won’t even know it has been cloned.

Remember that for the above you need a third hard drive where you will save the cloned copy…. Do some reading on clonezilla…on youtube you will find tons of tutorials.

yes it works but remember that clonezilla cannot clone a system from a drive to a smaller drive.If this is your case you need to shrink the partition first and then clone it to the new drive.

If you do any of the above, create a copy to save somewhere safe first so that you can restore it in case the process fails.

this is what I would do…

clone your system drive with clonezilla (this is your insurance policy)
    migrate the system drive and run omv-firstaid
    if the system boots and everything works then migrate the data drives.

For the data disks it will be ok but you need to be careful if you have a raid system…

*I think* that you can also move the system drive without re-installing but you will need to run the omv-firstaid tool from the new PC in order to setup the network card...

I'm having some problems with syncthing.

I installed the plugin, the service appears to be running but I'm unable to access the GUI.

the GUI address is set on 127.0.0.1 the port is 8384 pretty much as per standard installation.

if I interrogate the system via SSH it says that the service is running for my user.

I'm having the same issue on my main server and on my Raspberry Pi but I want to fix the main server first as the Raspberry pi is also giving me a "bad gateway" issue..... ?( I'll leave the Pi problems for another thread ....

thanks

FT

edit:
    I also checked the Syncthing log and there are no error messages. the log details all ports that syncthing is listening to and the device ID...

guys, sorry to be a pain...

I just upgraded to Stoneburner (it went nicely) but in my plugins page I can only see 1.0.5 and I can't find any plugin update.
    I pretty much have all repos activated....

can somebody point me in the right direction?

thanks
    FT

I'm on OMV 1 and even after uninstall I can only see 1.0.5
    I have refreshed the repos and cheched for new updates several times but no luck so far.

Some new Seagate hard drives (typically 8TB capacity) are built with a technology called SMR. They are much slower than normal hard drives with write speeds similar to the speeds you have reported.

If your hard drive is less than 8TB don’t worry about this as teh problem will be something else.