Beiträge von arjan

This works for me using Portainer, with qBittorrent restricted to a wireguard VPN for internet access:

This fixes the ssh-ddos jail, I'm not sure what it should be for the apache-404 filter. Maybe others aren't having this problem because they upgraded their system from an older version and inherited filters with an older name?

I didn't install ownCloud or proFTPd, so I did not enable those. I just enabled the webserver jails since OMV is running a webserver, but I see now it's not running Apache by default.

However that should still not result in failure to start the fail2ban service. If I were running Apache the configuration files would still be missing/misconfigured, just like the [sshd-ddos] filter.

I have config files in /etc/fail2ban/jail.d/ for all the jails in the OMV GUI. I see the problem for sshd-ddos is that it should use filter = sshd inside the section [sshd-ddos]. Instead the filter was also set to sshd-ddos. When I change it to sshd the service starts again.

Yes, same errors as before. I notice there's many config files in /etc/fail2ban/filter.d/ but indeed no apache-404 or sshd-ddos:

Thanks for looking into this!

This seems to have created config files:

But, the comment "Service fail2ban is already enabled, and is running" is incorrect. When I hard-refresh to GUI it fail2ban is not running, and systemctl status fail2ban shows failure as before.

You're right, this shows config for all services:

I installed the fail2ban plugin, enabled some of the default jails, and enabled the service. However the service doesn't start:

Code
    systemctl status fail2ban
    ● fail2ban.service - Fail2Ban Service
         Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/fail2ban.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
         Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2022-02-26 17:12:54 CET; 6min ago
           Docs: man:fail2ban(1)
        Process: 2396217 ExecStartPre=/bin/mkdir -p /run/fail2ban (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
        Process: 2396218 ExecStart=/usr/bin/fail2ban-server -xf start (code=exited, status=255/EXCEPTION)
       Main PID: 2396218 (code=exited, status=255/EXCEPTION)

If I run the start command manually I can see the problem:

Code
    /usr/bin/fail2ban-server -xf start
    2022-02-26 17:13:41,660 fail2ban.configreader   [2397030]: ERROR   Found no accessible config files for 'filter.d/sshd-ddos' under /etc/fail2ban
    2022-02-26 17:13:41,661 fail2ban.jailreader     [2397030]: ERROR   Unable to read the filter 'sshd-ddos'
    2022-02-26 17:13:41,661 fail2ban.jailsreader    [2397030]: ERROR   Errors in jail 'ssh-ddos'. Skipping...
    2022-02-26 17:13:41,669 fail2ban.configreader   [2397030]: ERROR   Found no accessible config files for 'filter.d/apache-404' under /etc/fail2ban
    2022-02-26 17:13:41,669 fail2ban.jailreader     [2397030]: ERROR   Unable to read the filter 'apache-404'
    2022-02-26 17:13:41,669 fail2ban.jailsreader    [2397030]: ERROR   Errors in jail 'apache-404'. Skipping...
    2022-02-26 17:13:41,675 fail2ban                [2397030]: ERROR   Failed during configuration: Have not found any log file for apache-noscript jail
    2022-02-26 17:13:41,678 fail2ban                [2397030]: ERROR   Async configuration of server failed

I find various proposed solutions for these issues for fail2ban in general, but it seems like the configuration should be managed by openmediavault-fail2ban. So manually tweaking this seems to go against the recommended practice for OMV.

I can disable the ssh-ddos and apache-noscript jails and then the service does start, but it seems they should have configuration by default as well. How to fix?

You can just install extra Debian packages via apt, as long as they don't interfere with OMV, right? I'm currently considering doing that rather than going with Docker (just for PostgreSQL).

I'm trying to set up Docker for the first time, following the guide. When I get to installing Portainer (step 4), it fails however with this message:

I found an old thread with the same message, but nothing there seems to apply:

- My DNS is working fine (indicated above and confirmed with ping from cli).

- I'd never installed/used Docker before on this machine, nothing else is using port 8000.

I've tried removing/reinstalling/restarting both Docker and Portainer, no luck. Ideas?

Zitat

The discovery order is not guaranteed to be repeatable

Right, that's why I wondered if it would be possible for the device names to instead be assigned based on hardcoded disk ids/paths via udev rules so they would become stable (since the names are used in the interface). But I guess that's not important (or even possible, he). Using symlinks sounds good.

I checked the layout of the /dev/disk/by-path/ ids further and they are indeed stable, I was just confused because the first bays were counting down ata-6 to ata-1 from left to right, then the last two were on another pci slot counting upwards.

Is there any way to configure OpenMediaVault to use persistent disk device names? I've seen that OMV deliberately uses by-id for its configuration. Would it be possible to add custom udev rules to hardcode specific disk ids to /dev/{sda,sdb}, etc.?

I'm also wondering if there's a way to map the physical drive bay to a device name (bay1 = /dev/sda, bay2 = /dev/sdb, etc.). I installed OMV on a QNAP NAS, and I noticed the QTS interface was aware of the physical bay location, so presumably there is a way to do this in Linux. I thought it might be done via /dev/disk/by-path/, but looking at the ids I see there, they don't seem to follow the physical drive bay location either.