Posts by riff-raff

My bitwarden works like a charm, I enabled admin page and cancled registration, but exposing it gives me some worries due to possible brute force attempts. Having fail2ban would be a nice security pillow. Might be a good thing to set up on a rainy Sunday

Ah, awesome! Thanks. Makes sense.

Morlan: How does your reverse proxy configuration with letsencrypt look like? Did you stick to the sample provided with the letsencrypt-container?

EDIT: WORKS!

Does the BitwardenRS-Server work with the payed features, like multiple user? As far as I cound figure out, even with self -hosting, a Bitwarden-Account is still needed and with more than one user, a little allowance to be due.

A little Typo within your command

docker exec nextcloud sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --on

docker exec nextcloud sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --off

works like a charm.

Next do do: Dump of database for backup purposes.

Thank you Morlan

Edit:

docker exec nextclouddb /usr/bin/mysqldump -u nextcloud --password=xxx nextcloud > /srv/dev-disk-by-label-xxx/backup/nextcloud_backup.sql

Seems to work, but backup database seems a litte too small somehow. (Previous natively installed MariaDB backups of NC were >120 MB, this is only 40 MB and there was not much activity on this cloud lately)

How do I push the nextcloud instance into maintenance-mode from the host?

I tried something like this:

Code
    docker exec nextcloud sudo -u abc php /www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --on

but did not work. My assumtions:

- user abc runs the webserver within the nextcloud container

- the path to occ must be the leative one within the container

Do you have redis in use and preview-generation active in config?

The bitwardenrs is my alternative. I got the official setup running in a VM right now and have a look on reverse proxy configuration, environments, volumes etc.

My goal would be to set it up with official and create a little HowTo.

Keeping all my passowords in mind bothers me quite a while, so in the process of merging OMV4->OMV5 and all native services into docker I discovered the quite charming tool bitwarden.

After a short research if figured out that many users use the bitwardenrs/server container. On the other hand there are the official containers, which separate each service part.

I use letsencrypt with reverse proxy and nextcloud (subdomain-configuration) and I might need to integrate bitwarden in the existing setup. As far as I know, the installer script of bitwarden installs a separate letsencrypt-container which I already have. So I guess I need to configurate my letsencrypt to match both services, bitwaren and nextcloud with nextcloud.domain.com and bitwarden.domain.com and therefore I can't use the installer script.

I lack the documentation (environment, ports, volumes, etc) of each of the required bitwarden containers and their connection.

Can someone show me a direction or where to start?

Is the usage of official containers the best way for me or should I stick to the RS?

What type of service would you like to host?

Webstation is just a webserver with php and optional MySQL. With docker, you find a bunch of services and their basic requirements preconfigured, which I think, is the more comfortable method.