Beiträge von 1punkt21gigawatt

Hey all,

final statement in this thread: I should have done some research on the platform I intended to use. The Zyxel NSA310 is based on a Marvell Kirkwood SoC, which has less than 256 MB of RAM. So the prerequesites to install (or better: to successfully run) OMV are not met. I've decided to use a Raspi 4 instead (although it doesn't come with such a nice housing, compared to the NSA 310).

Anyway, thanks a lot for your support and contribution here.

Best regards and stay safe!

Marc

Hi,

The script does not recognize the armel architecture; according to forum entries I found, this does not affect OMV itself. I purged everything and started a new attempt with the installation guide here (OMV and Bullseye should be compatible).

There's also some threads in the Doozan forum regarding OMV application on special platforms like Marvell Kirkwood. I will do some research and report back here.

Thanks so far!

I completely set up Debian again and tried the script (had to remove sudo and add --no-check-certificate to wget):

Code
    root@debian:~# systemctl status openmediavault-engined
    Unit openmediavault-engined.service could not be found.
    root@debian:~# systemctl status nginx
    Unit nginx.service could not be found.
    root@debian:~# systemctl status php
    Unit php.service could not be found.
    root@debian:~#

Hello all, and sorry for the delay. During this process, I found out that I had installed older versions of Debian and the Linux kernel. Updating bricked everything, so I had to start from scratch. Debian is finally running, but I'm still not successful with OMV.

Installation using the document from the OMV website was not successful (seems to me that there are steps missing). I just ran Zoki's script from #12. Still not succesful.

I am working with omv-firstaid now, trying to set the network interfaces. I chose the WOL option and this is the result:

I have no clue what that means and what to do about it...

I also ran the checks:

Code
    Checking all RRD files. Please wait ...
    ERROR: Command '['monit', 'stop', 'rrdcached']' returned non-zero exit status 1.
    Code
    Checking configuration status file. Please wait ...
    The configuration status file is valid.

Thanks again for any support!

Marc

Same result. Just copied the last part of the response in here:

omv-firstaid works. I checked the port, it was/is set to 80. I left the menu with ok, and here is the result:

made it:

Code
    root@debian:/# systemctl status php7.3-fpm.service
    Unit php7.3-fpm.service could not be found.
    root@debian:/#

Fellow OMV users,

I could need some help by the community regarding the installation of OMV on a Zyxel NSA 310 with Debian 11.2

Linux version is 5.2.9-kirkwood-tld-1, after some hiccups I was able to run the installation as it is described here in the document section (Installation on Debian).

After runnning

omv-confdbadm populate and (after some time)

reboot

the system returns to the Debian console. The only thing that has changed is that the NAS can neither be seen on the network(network page of my Win Laptop), nor contacted via its IP address (both worked before the OMV installation).

I'm no expert, so any help, suggestions and hints are gladly accepted!

THX very much!!!

Marc