Beiträge von Dark-Sider

Hi,

Sorry for some thread-necromancy however I feel it's better to attach it here than starting a new topic.

I just moved from OMV 4 to 6 and was looking forward to the fresh and new WebUI. I like several aspects of the new WebUI - especially the Dashboard.

When it comes to the usability of working with ACLs (especially the folder selct box is terrible) it feels a lot of screen space goes to waste. The drop down for folder selections should cover almost the whole screen and not only 3 lines. Also the font-size seems a bit too large for my taste and a lot space is lost due to generous cell-borders (empty areas around text in cells).

Another bit of a cumbersome change is the multi-select feature of rows. You have to press ctrl to select multiple rows. When you accidentally let go of ctrl all previous selections are lost. I prefer the check-box style of the older UI (as it is more failsafe and feels more natural)

I hope there will be some adjustments (or modifyable settings) implemented down the road.

Thanks,

Dark-Sider

Re-running the update script with more available space in /boot was successful. If anyon else stumbles accross the mywebsql error this might helpful. Now I'm off to migrate the old services into docker containers.

Thx for helping out.

I subsequently jumped to omv 6. I had to fix a buster security repo for the omv-upgrade script to work - otherwise no issues

Now I have to move my backupped apps to docker - oh-joy.

Hi,

thanks, so the apt-get issue is basically a non issue.

During the script there is also that mywebsql error present. I think it is the same as in https://github.com/dleidert/openmediavault-upgrade/issues/43 - the solution provided there however relates to the bintray problem which I already have taken care of. Is the mywebsql thingy related to the github switch? Should I just remove it beforehand?

I have to add that my mysql data directory is located on another drive. It's configured in the mysql extra options.

If I rerun the upgrade script at this stage it continues (and failed as earlier mentioned at /boot because of not more diskspace). I freed it up but didn't attempt another rerun - as I thought it might be I good idea to take a 2nd look at that websql error.

regards

Dark-Sider

Hi,

I'm currently trying to migrate from 4 to 5. I already switched from bintray to github and I also executed the commands in a later post. However apt-get update still shows a python error (which also is present in the upgrade script)

Any ideas what's causing this error and how to get rid of it? I have my OMV installation virtualized and a pre-upgrade snapshot was performed. So I can try this "as often as I want".

Also upgrading the kernel threw an error because /boot was full. it had older kernel version present which I now uninstalled manually. This is sth, that the script could check for (as a suggestion)

thanks

Dark-Sider

Hey guys,

I just upgraded to OMV 4.x - and I'm missing nzbget. For the time being I manged to start it from /usr/share/nbzget with the appropriate command line options.

Reading through this forum it seems that a lot of ppl are using docker for sonarr/radarr/nzbget etc. However I always like having my stuff local w/o docker. Is there any breaking reason why nzbget was removed from omv-extras v4?

bye
    Darky

Hi,

I'm using OMV now for some time. I recently reinstalled my VM with OMV 3.0.13 (so bear in mind that my problem could just be a bug - I'm ok with that.)
    I want to retire all my "services" from my synology and move them over to omv.

I primarily use OMV as a CIFS NAS for serving my media files on my LAN. Thus I have two "real" users registerred and several "service" users which come with the packages from omvextras.

To get things more secure I want some services to only have access to specific directories on my share. (e.g. sonarr only should have have r/w on "<Share>/Media/TV" and "<Share>"/Downloads/nzbget/sonarr"). I think this setup is quite straight forward.

I used the ACL widget to give sonarr r/w on those directories and also checked recursive switch. It pretty much did the trick and sonarr now can delete all those subfolders created by nzbget.

However - if I copy some directories from my Synology to my "<Share>/Media/TV" folder the ACLs get messed up. Within the ACL-Widget I see the sonarr user as "green" so it should have r/w on the new subdirectories. But it has not (error.log). I need to reapply the ACLs to the via CIFS created folder to fix the issue. Is this working as intended or a bug?

Edit: Inherit Permissions and Inherit ACLs is turned on for that share within the SMB/CIFS configuration

On a sidenote: The filesystem-tab is showing some weird available disk-space for my 36TB BTRFS Disk. There might be some overflow bug within webui. The correct numbers are displayed within the "physical disks / reale festplatten" tab.

thanks,

Darky

Hi,

I'm running the latest OMV 0.6.x. For performance reasons I want to move Sab, Sick and Couch from my Synology over to my OMV box. (DS2411+ vs. Intel Avoton 2750 Board @ 24bay 19" case ;)

So I added and installed the OMV-Extras.org repo and enabled all of the others repos that are listed within that omv-extras.org tab.

I Installed the three services and configured them as master (what I want). All three services start up, using their default ports (8080 8081 and 5050). However, if I press the button "xyz Webinterface" at the Sickbeard or Couchpotato plugin page, it tries to open port <ip>:8 or <ip>:5. Sab's button however takes me to the correct link. Not that it is of much importance since I usually don't use those buttons but I was wondering why the port's last 3 digits are probably truncated.

I also was wondering what the recommended update procedure for Sab Couch and Sick is? Does OMV do the updates or should I update them manually from within their own webinterfaces?

bye,
    Darky