Beiträge von luks135

yes, it's my first contact with RAID, in this case of having to remount the raid, more specifically in my case, I use 2 mirrored disks, it would be simpler to use RSYNC to avoid having to remount the raid, no?I'll look more on the forum about these glitches! Thank you very much in advance!

Why would you remove a disk unless it was showing SMART issues, as to the array disappearing, this is expected behaviour.

If replacing a drive within an array then use the GUI, to remove, then replace

I was removing disks from a raid so I could test what would happen if a disk failed. and when i removed a disk and plugged it back in, what happened was: total loss of data access of the disk that was still there. Is this really expected?

You are assuming that mdadm (software raid) knows what you have done

Then the array will continue as clean/degraded

Why would you remove a disk unless it was showing SMART issues, as to the array disappearing, this is expected behaviour.

If replacing a drive within an array then use the GUI, to remove, then replace

Hello, I have mounted a 2-disk mirrored raid, and it works perfectly, however, if one of the disks fails, or I need to take one of the disks out, the raid disappears, and I lose full access to any of the disks.

I was wondering if anyone else has this kind of problem, or am I doing something wrong?