Beiträge von fahrer17

tekkbebe, thank you for your reply. I already found out how to do it.
    But actualy I'm not quite sure any more: I want my NAS to serve it's media files for my XBMC RasPi. Now somehow OMV seems to mix up my media folders.
    I want a structure like that:

Media
    -Films
    --Film_1
    --Film_2
    -Musik
    --Artist_1
    --Artist_2
    etc.

So I created Musik and put some folders containing artists in it. But I have the same folders in Films. And deleting a folder in e.g. Films deletes it as well in Musik; creating one in Musik means creating one in Films! :o

What the h*** is going on here?

Hi all,

I don't know where to put this thread so I put here. Please feel free to shift to any subforum...

So here is my question: I want to share my media files in a way of Media/Music, Media/Films etc. So I directly created a shared folder called Media/Musik (look at the screenshot), gave the users their rights like I successfully did with all the other folders I already created and shared. Now when I want to access it using Ubuntu's Nautilus that folder can't be mounted (something like that).
    Now what is my mistake? Do I have to create the Media folder first and than in it the next folder Musik? I don't want to have anything in Media except mentioned subfolders. How do I have to set permissions?

Thank you for your help.

fahrer17

Edit: Okay, managed to fix it: I created Media and in it my subfolders. It was my fault when creating directly e.g. Media/Musik.

Hi there,

as far as I know there used to be a problem with the WD Red 4TB HDD concerning LLC which I use in my NAS.
    How can I check if that problem affects my NAS? And if so, how can I fix it?

I found this thread on the forum but it doesn't help a lot:
    http://forums.openmediavault.o…4&hilit=wd+red+lcc#p17444

I'm not an absolute Linux noob (we have 2 Ubuntu machines) and did read a lot about HDDs on ubuntuusers.de but I know nothing about Debian and I'm a little afraid of breaking my newly set up and now running perfectly system (hardware or software).

So any help is highly appreciated - thank you in advance!

Cheers
    fahrer17

Hi David, thanks for your reply.

Yeah, but no "normal" user has access to the GUI, that can only be done by an admin, right? The same with SSH.

I thought of something like the "Change password" function in a forum.
    But if there is no function like that - no problem. I as the admin will do it with my user(s) in the GUI.

Cheers
    fahrer17

Hi David, thanks for your reply.
    I tried it with ` - the one between "ß" und BACKSPACE on a german keyboard (with Shift key). That took me obviously one step further but as far as I remember it keeps asking to choose the right linux-image.
    Since I did it very quickly I couldn't take a foto - will try that the next time.

But I have the impression I'm on the right way - and almost there... ;)

Cheers
    fahrer17

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEAH - finally works!!!
    One last time: Thank you for that tutorial!! :D

Ok guys, managed to reach that point:

Zitat

apt-get update
    apt-get install build-essential linux-image-`uname -r` linux-headers-`uname -r`

Now the problem shown in the picture occurs. What do I do now??? :oops:
    I'm not absolutely new to Linux and I can guess what it is but I'm not sure how to solve that.

(For the non-german speaking I try to translate the last 3 lines:
    E: package >>linux-image<< has no installation candidate
    E: package uname -r can't be found
    E: package linux-headers-uname -r can't be found)

Any hints for me...?

Again thank you so much fot that how-to - I would have been completly lost without it. And also thanks for any help in advance!
    fahrer17

Edit: Changed the huge foto to a smaller one...

Thanks a lot for that how-to! I built my NAS with the Asus H87I-Plus mobo and - unfortunatly - can't install OMV on it. Ok, didn't check the hardware compatibility for OMV but tried it in a VM before. Since it I like it very much I would love to have it running on my NAS.
    Now my first question (I'm not an absolute beginner with Linux though I'm not too familiar with the terminal):

1. Do I have to unzip the e1000e.zip? In the how-to you only mention the e1000e.ko?!

Zitat von "nickygerritsen"

[*] The newer Intel driver. I created a zip with the file (e1000e.ko) in it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hlh21drrgy38z19/e1000e.zip (this is the exact same file you will create later on)

Thanks for your help.

fahrer17