Beiträge von bjohnb

Bit odd that one. One of the disks evidently got corrupted, but the other two were fine. No idea why that knocked the whole raid array off mind you.

Still, i replaced the corrupted disk and all is working well now.

Hi,

My raid array has plain gone and i'm trying to work out why or if i can recover it.

Running blkid gives me:

Code
    /dev/sda1: UUID="14e55753-0236-4ed2-90ca-844f10ff7e2d" TYPE="ext4" 

/dev/sda5: UUID="bd6c820d-d22e-4ba5-80b9-9c535983d261" TYPE="swap" 

/dev/sdb: UUID="b119b2b3-3e90-8b68-f474-8c3d28a3198a" LABEL="ltm-serve:share" TYPE="linux_raid_member" UUID_SUB="35e727c5-5cfb-0dff-04e4-bf492353e19b" 

/dev/sdd: UUID="b119b2b3-3e90-8b68-f474-8c3d28a3198a" LABEL="ltm-serve:share" TYPE="linux_raid_member" UUID_SUB="ffea2873-16a9-719e-0a8b-ae8fa670f282"

and running cat /proc/mdstat gives me:

Code
    Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] 

md127 : inactive sdb[0] sdd[2]

1953523120 blocks super 1.2

Any ideas from that what has happened here?

Thanks!

Ah! The output is as follows;

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sda1 226G 224G 0 100% /
    tmpfs 943M 0 943M 0% /lib/init/rw
    udev 937M 132K 937M 1% /dev
    tmpfs 943M 4.0K 943M 1% /dev/shm
    tmpfs 943M 128K 942M 1% /tmp
    /dev/md127 1.9T 670G 1.2T 36% /media/5c4a9c15-7ef9-4847-ab5c-e928d

Hmm, i had a usb connected hdd that i created a couple of backup tasks too that is now disconnected. Would the backup still try to run and backup to the system drive or something silly?

I can't see where all that space is being used, any ideas how i can track the culprit down?

I haven't ran an update, but today i cannot login to the OMV admin panel. No error message, it just redirects me to the login page again.

Looking in auth.log, it says:
    "User admin from mymac.lan not allowed because none of users groups are listed in allowgroups"

So, not sure what has happened here! What group should admin be in? Why could this have happened?

Cheers!

I'll take a look when i get home at what i have, thanks!

I'm not really scared, i just need to allot the time to do it. The last OMV 0.5 to 1.x i did didn't go that smoothly and required some wrangling, and that OMV had very few plugins!

Cheers for all the advice all, really appreciate it!

The new permissions feature of Plexpass lets you specify either age ratings on films OR tags (that you add yourself to the media) to restrict content by.

So i want to tag films and music with "forTheKids" and only let the user accounts i've setup for my kids access that content.

But, only Plex server version 0.9.11.2 i think supports the tags! So that is why i'm after an update!

Cheers!

I've got the Plex plugin installed. When i log into the Plex web client and go to settings and it says it's version 0.9.11.1.

I know there is a newer version of the server software at version 0.9.11.4 i think. But, when i click on check updates in the web client, it says i'm up to date.

So, why is this? Where is this update being pulled from? Is it the omv plex plugin maintainer that is the source of the updates, or is it directly from Plex's servers?

Why aren't i seeing the update basically!

Anyone know?

Hey guys, any rock solid solutions to backing up the contents of my OMV to a remote backup service? I saw some threads related to this, but it all looked a bit hacky. Are there any tried and trusted solutions or plugins to do this?

Thanks!

Aha! To anyone else that gets this error, it's because sabnzbd is already running. Go into the sabnzbd web interface and shut it down/stop it running. Then apply the config which basically starts it.

It was erroring as it couldn't start as it was already running.

Super glad that config update is out of the UI now :)

I'm getting the following error from OMV. I have a "Apply Configuration" bar and clicking Apply leads to the following issue. Cannot seem to shake it. Sabnzbd is running however, so not sure what is happening here really!

Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'sabnzbd' start 2>&1': Starting SABnzbd
    invoke-rc.d: initscript sabnzbd, action "start" failed.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc:169
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc(141): OMVSysVInitScript->invoke('start')
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc(61): OMVSysVInitScript->start()
    #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/sabnzbd.inc(61): OMVSysVInitScript->exec()
    #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(204): OMVModuleSabnzbd->startService()
    #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(253): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #7 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #10 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #11 {main}

Any idea what i can do to resolve this?

Sorry to ask this as i can see it has been a source of discussion on the boards already, but i haven't seen a definitive answer to my question!

If OMV 0.6 is based on Wheezy, then will we be getting SMB2? Wheezy comes with Samba 3.6.6 i think? so in theory SMB2 support should be right there.

I'd love to get a definitive "Yes OMV 0.6 will allow SMB2" or "No, because..."

Also, do we know a rough ETA for OMV 0.6?

Thanks!!

John :)