Beiträge von Tiberius

After hours of searching and brainstorming I found out and solved the problem:

Apt-get couldnt communicate with the repos, gave me "Could not resolve host … No address associated with hostname" errors, even that I set up my DNS in the GUI.

Then I found this.

I fired up WinSCP and checked the mentioned file, and I found out it was contained wrong DNS IPs somehow.

I edited then run

Code
    sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart

And then Apt-get update worked flawlessly.

I hope it will help somebody who`s in my shoes.

Greetings everyone!

I just installed OMV 1.9 on my machine but I cannot update the system trough the WebGUI nor CLI.
    My other problem is that I cant install OMV-Extras.org.

When I hit check I get this error message:

and when I try to install OMV-Extras:

Code
    Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get update 2>&1': E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
    E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/apt.inc:276
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceApt->update(NULL, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('update', NULL, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Apt', 'update', NULL, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

Thanks in advance.

Oh thats really good to know! Thanks for your fast post!

I would like to ask one more quesiton:

I read about that OMV should be installed on HDD/SSD and its not adviced to run it on a USB stick because of the writes.
    Now back then I built my current machine I used a Sandisk Cruzer fit, and its seems to work properly like for half year now, but I fear that it might be a timed bomb.
    Should I squeeze in a smaller SSD in my build plan?

Thanks in advance!

Dear Forum!

I succesfully built a NAS a few months ago with OMV, and I really like the operating system, Im really satisfied with it! But my current built is bulky and noisy (its just standard mATX case). So I planning to build a new machine, with some more energy efficient components and more compact and nice looking mini-itx case.

My planned build:

-Asrock Q1900-ITX
    -Corsair DDR3 4GB 1066mhz So-DIMM CL7
    -Corsair VS350 PSU
    -Cooler Master Elite 110 Case
    -(Maybe) INTEL Gigabit Pro/1000 CT Desktop Adapter PCI-E

So My question is:
    Does that motherboard compatible with the current OMV release? I searched around in the forum and on the net, but I found only one post about the Gigabyte version which have some BIOS problems and I heard it wont boot without a connected display too.
    My other question is that the network card which I mentioned above, would it compatible as well? Or do you recommend a network card anyway? I aksing because some people recommended Intel NIC for the build, but I only found those on more expensive motherboards which is sadly out of my budget.

I would use the machine for file serving, Transmission and Plex mostly.

Thanks in advance!

PS: Sorry for my English, its my secondary language.