Beiträge von dyna05

I recently setup my first OMV NAS moving away from another NAS package. I like the features and its up and working and no problems with features or reliability thus far. The problem is as part of the NAS upgrade I purchased three 2.5GBase-T PCIe Network Adapters and an 8-Port unmanaged 2.5G Switch. I installed the new adapter prior to installing OMV and OMV’s install process found the new 2.5 adapter. The problem is with Iperf3 I can’t do much better than 1.30 Gbits/sec. I’ve tried testing Win10 to Win10 with updated drivers and Win10 to the new OMV box and results are the same? So its not an OMV problem because Win10 has the same lack of performance issue.

My question is what would happen if I exchange network adapters? Would OMV find the new driver for a new card? I’ve ordered two new adapters to first test in two Win10 boxes and it that corrects the issue I would then try to replace the OMV adapter if I see improvement between the Win10 to Win10 iperf3 speed testing. All devices are on newly installed CAT6 cable, CAT6 rated patch port, patch cables and keystone jacks so that’s not the problem. I’m confident in my cabling ability but not so confident in Linux and CLI stuff. Thanks in advance

Compared to other my setup is a fairly simple setup and if it did crash I have enough screen shots to replicate my setup if I had to. That said I still plan to tread lightly. I have two 2TB Red WD drives in Raid Mirror config on a little ITX box. I’m only using FTP as a NVR and SMB/CIFS so we could run Vice Versa Pro which is an old back up program we use for our desktop systems. I’m coming from xpenology which served me well for a few years but it was slowing down and to be honest it’s a hack to setup and upgrading was a challenge. This on the other hand seems to work well right out of the box after I find my way around.

Thanks for that, I set for 15 minutes and the Apply prompt came up immediately.

Just a correction to my earlier post, I also have plug-in openmediavault-nut installed It seems to be reporting nicely unlike the Nut package in pfsense, I could never get it to work in pfsense but worked right away here. Since the File Browser didn’t apply I just removed it for now. I’m up and working so don’t want to break anything. Thank you again for your help. I don’t want to wear out my welcome here so not going to not make any more changes today :)

BTW can I change the screen lock-out time? I looked at FAQ videos and there was a mention for the OMV 5 version but not finding it on current version

I opened Firewall (for OMV) and re-installed it. Keep in mind I'm new to OMV but I noticed I was not prompted to Apply the Change unlike other system changes.

You are correct, thank you! I installed the File Browser and Diskstats plug-ins because I thought they’d be useful. I haven’t even used the File Browser yet so I uninstalled it and set the local NTP with no errors.

I’m new to OMV and have it setup for the most part now so just trying to get a few last details in order. Now that its setup I’ve added a firewall rule on router to prevent Internet access, I don’t need OMV or want it connecting to the internet. I would like OMV to obtain the time from a NTP server (192 address) on my LAN for the time service but it errors out every time I try to apply it. I don’t need OMV to be the NTP server, I only need it to obtain the time from my LAN. I was able to do this with other devices restricted from Wan access. I was assuming all I had to do it replace pool.ntp.org under System / Date & Time but with my local NTP service but it fails every time. is this doable? Any guidance would be appreciated.