Beiträge von Adrian E

Another 5 updates for php just gone through so I imagine that's the fix released!

Been getting e-mails every 30 minutes with the same error message so hopefully that'll stop them

Google Has Auto translated this for me, But I am getting this error Also message after running updates this Morning Which included miniDLNA

ron <root @ OpenMediaVault> [-x / usr / lib / php5 / maxlifetime] && [-x / usr / lib / php5 / sessionclean] && [-d / var / lib / php5] && / usr / lib / php5 / sessionclean / var / lib / php5 $ (/ usr / lib / php5 / maxlifetime) [openmediavault.home]

Code
    sed: Invalid option - 'z'Usage: sed [OPTION] ... {script-only-if-no-other-script} [input-file] ... -n, --quiet, --silent suppress automatic printing of pattern space -e script, --expression = script add the script to the commands to be executed -f script-file, --file = script-file add the contents of script-file to the commands to be executed - -follow-symlinks follow symlinks when processing in place -i [SUFFIX], --in-place [= SUFFIX] edit files in place (makes backup if extension supplied) -l N, --line-length = N specify the desired line-wrap length for the `l 'command --posix disable all GNU extensions. -r, --regexp-extended use extended regular expressions in the script. -s, --separate consider files as separate rather than as a single continuous long stream. -u, --unbuffered load minimal amounts of data from the input files and flush the output buffers more often --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit If no -e, --expression, -f, or --file option is given, then the first non-option argument is taken as the sed script to interpret. All remaining arguments are names of input files; if no input files are specified, then the standard input is read. GNU sed Home Page: < [url='http://www.gnu.org/software/sed/']http://www.gnu.org/software/sed/[/url] > .General help using GNU software: < [url='http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/']http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/[/url] >.

http://www.gnu.org/software/sed/http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/

OK, above was user error - I'd forgotten since it's a long time since I set up folder shares that you then needed to go into SMB to add them there as well! D'oh!

I can now view my torrents folders, including incomplete and watch sub-folders.

I've tried adding a torrent file to the watch list and it changes from .torrent to added in explorer, but it isn't added to the torrents tab in OMV. I've also noticed it doesn't allow me to add a torrent from within the GUI.

What am I doing wrong?!

Thanks guys

Followed the advice above and got bittorrent to update. Setup some shared folders to suit but now they don't appear if I try to add a network location under 'computer' in explorer.

Tried creating a different shared folder and that isn't showing up either - do I need to restart a service or something to get it working again post-bittorrent install?

Hiya

Result below:

Hiya

No success with that unfortunately:

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# apt-get purge openmediavault-transmissionbt
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package 'openmediavault-transmissionbt' is not installed, so not removed
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Still stuck at 'building dependency tree'

Hi all

Had some issues recently as a result of a change in RAID setup which resulted in some fiddling with shares and plugins. Deleted the transmissionbt plugin because I couldn't manually stop the service. Now everything is working again I've tried reinstalling the plugin and it hangs at 'building dependency tree'

Anything obvious to post in terms of CLI logs or a way to force install?

Thanks

Adrian

Hiya

OK - done all that. Just rebooted and still can't mount the new file system

blkid gives this now (not sure if you'd expect that to change?):

Code
    /dev/sdb: UUID="ad8a6655-7f10-69ff-8c4d-39b762405a83" UUID_SUB="8d409e92-ae12-3de6-39d4-166c8e1e695b" LABEL="openmediavault:0" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sdc: UUID="ad8a6655-7f10-69ff-8c4d-39b762405a83" UUID_SUB="983153b1-e200-f787-78f3-9e77b9d9ec2a" LABEL="openmediavault:0" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sdd: UUID="ad8a6655-7f10-69ff-8c4d-39b762405a83" UUID_SUB="10a0b44c-f96a-eeb7-0f43-e3ae50817fb2" LABEL="openmediavault:0" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/md0: UUID="c4987f3d-a8fd-4504-bb8d-6374e1eb59e1" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sda: UUID="ad8a6655-7f10-69ff-8c4d-39b762405a83" UUID_SUB="5814d8c2-f768-c462-9349-8377bc5c7d70" LABEL="openmediavault:0" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sde1: UUID="669bba33-60fb-4a80-af21-48ff4ebf5fbd" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sde5: UUID="f6d54fb9-fa39-4db9-a2b8-bc3af5a80757" TYPE="swap"

and error message if I try to mount the dev/md0 file system is:

Have taken a few screen shots in case it helps:

If I try to mount the file system and generate the error above, I can go into the shared folders and select dev/md0 but if I revert it shows the volume as c4987f3d-a8fd-4504-bb8d-6374e1eb59e1

Hiya

Thanks - think this is what you need?

Code
    /dev/sda1: UUID="669bba33-60fb-4a80-af21-48ff4ebf5fbd" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sda5: UUID="f6d54fb9-fa39-4db9-a2b8-bc3af5a80757" TYPE="swap"
    /dev/sdb: UUID="ad8a6655-7f10-69ff-8c4d-39b762405a83" UUID_SUB="5814d8c2-f768-c462-9349-8377bc5c7d70" LABEL="openmediavault:0" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sdc: UUID="ad8a6655-7f10-69ff-8c4d-39b762405a83" UUID_SUB="8d409e92-ae12-3de6-39d4-166c8e1e695b" LABEL="openmediavault:0" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sdd: UUID="ad8a6655-7f10-69ff-8c4d-39b762405a83" UUID_SUB="983153b1-e200-f787-78f3-9e77b9d9ec2a" LABEL="openmediavault:0" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sde: UUID="ad8a6655-7f10-69ff-8c4d-39b762405a83" UUID_SUB="10a0b44c-f96a-eeb7-0f43-e3ae50817fb2" LABEL="openmediavault:0" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/md0: UUID="f608fd07-91e0-4ef2-931d-525a287d093c" TYPE="ext4"

This is what I find - any chance you could highlight the bits I should be deleting? I'm wanting to retain the shared folder structures I had but I can always replace anyway!

Is it best if I post the details in the relevent section on here to get some help? I've managed to get into config.sys using nano after doing some searching but I'm confused by the UUIDs I've seen. I wrote down the UUID before I changed anything but it's different from the GUI and Putty.

I have the UUID for the new RAID5 from within OMV.

I'm assuming I need to remove the UUID for my old RAID1 file system as well as sorting out the folder shares?

The folder shares allowed me to assign them to the new volume although if I revert the config it goes back to a long string that look a bit like a UUID but isn't the same as the one I wrote down from the RAID1 config or Putty!

Hiya

I chickened out of trying to move my files around to accommodate the change in RAID so decided to start again and rebuild :)

Has gone OK so far, although I should've deleted the RAID before wiping the physical drives, judging by the carnage that caused! Couldn't get OMV to boot until I ejected the drives first, then inserted one at a time so OMV could recognise them. Managed to find a command in CLI to clear the superblock info from the 2 original drives, which then allowed me to add them to my RAID5.

I've now finished creating the RAID5 (took about 6 hours) and my 4x3TB drives are showing a total capacity of 8.19TB, but now having issues with the file systems. I've created a new ext4 file system which is attributed to /dev/md0 - it says it's online but it's not mounted. Does the file system creation take hours to finish and I'm just trying to move things along too quickly? Any way to monitor if it's doing anything?

My original shared folders are present and I've updated the volume to point to md0 but they're not accessible yet, presumably because the file system isn't mounted?

If I try to mount I get an error:

Failed to mount 'f608fd07-91e0-4ef2-931d-525a287d093c': mount: no such partition found

Error #6000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to mount 'f608fd07-91e0-4ef2-931d-525a287d093c': mount: no such partition found' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:887
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->mount(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('mount', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(501): OMVRpc::exec('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

I also still have my original file system (I presume) sitting with lots of n/a markings and status of 'missing' - is that an issue or can it be ignored? I'm assuming in CLI I could potentially clear this? There's no device marked and deleting it is greyed out.

ETA - another error I get if I try to apply config changes is:

File contains invalid JSON (filename=/var/lib/openmediavault/fstab_tasks.json):

Error #6000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'File contains invalid JSON (filename=/var/lib/openmediavault/fstab_tasks.json): ' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/util.inc:274
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/module.inc(141): OMVJsonFile->read()
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/fstab.inc(52): OMVModuleAbstract->execTasks('delete')
    #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(164): OMVModuleFsTab->stopService()
    #3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(158): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(224): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #7 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #10 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(501): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #11 {main}

If I follow the original suggestion I presume this command will be needed to degrade one HDD? I presume removing it is also necessary otherwise it'll still 'see' it?

mdadm /dev/md0 --fail /dev/sda1 --remove /dev/sda1

Do I need to delete the data off either of the existing drives at any point, or will adding them to the new RAID5 do that anyway?

What's required to move data from the RAID1 disc to the new RAID5? I presume this is independant of the folder shares etc but once created the new RAID5 is empty? Is that a simple CLI instruction to copy or am I missing something obvious in the GUI?

Have made a note of the UUID string. Presume tune2fs runs in CLI? Not looked for that yet!

Thanks for you patience :)

Adrian

Thanks - looking at this again I'm wondering if it would be easier to pull all the data off the drives and start from scratch? I have backed up the content I need and I'm not bothered about losing the backups for my desktop and laptop as I can set the backups up again easily enough.

I've upgraded OMV to 1.0.31 using Putty CLI so had a small amount of practice with that now!

Quite keen not to have to setup all the folder shares side of things again, but OMV is on a USB stick (I know! Going to move it to a 5th HDD once I've sorted this out) so none of the storage drives are used for OMV installation so could be wiped.

Is that a simpler and potentially less time consuming option? If so what order steps do I need to take?

Thanks for the advice - I'm probably searching with the wrong terms in google. I had to look up CLI to understand what you're suggesting I need to do lol

My friend who did the install was messing about with software called Putty - is that the sort of thing you mean for CLI?

If there's an obvious and simple guide to performing at least the 1st step, or the whole lot a link would be gratefully bookmarked :)

Adrian