Beiträge von jntbox

Hello all,

Did a clean install of OMV 4 and testing the headless backup before I settle all my drives and settings. I partitioned my system drive to <system> <temp storage> <swap> and my backup is concentrated to the <system> partition only. When I ssh to the clonezilla live and run the saveparts it always fails on filesystem check partclone. However, when I run the saveparts by console I can finish the backup all the way through.

Good news! OS is still alive. I moved my data back on the correct directory first then did a mv of the copied files to /.

One thing to mention though, I did cancelled the accidental mv as soon I saw the error messages. I assume it started moving the interchangeable files first before the heavy stuff that is why my undo mv might have worked.

Hello all,

As the subject that I written, I moronically did a mv /* /media/tosomedirectory. I just realized it when I saw the permission denied messages and all my blood ran up to my head. My data seem to be intact because it was just moved to a different directory and I can access it from ssh and through SMB from the directory. However, some of my SMB mounts are not working obviously.

Can I do a mv /media/<fromdirectory> / to fix it? Or is the OS screwed? I haven't restarted yet cause I know I will be much trouble.

After more reading I found the plugins that are version < 3 are the ones causing the error. As soon as I uninstalled the plugins the web control page started working.

With that, what is the proper sequence of upgrading?

Did a search and I found the command omv-engined -d -f and below is the error I get.

PHP Fatal error: Class 'OMVLogFile' not found in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/inc/phpfpm-logfile.inc on line 23
    omv-engined[3139]: PHP Fatal error: Class 'OMVLogFile' not found in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/inc/phpfpm-logfile.inc on line 23
    PHP Fatal error: Class 'OMVLogFile' not found in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/inc/phpfpm-logfile.inc on line 23

Just upgraded my OMV 2.2 to 3.0 using the commands below

apt-get update
    apt-get dist-upgrade
    omv-update

Ran into some php dependency errors but was able to fix it by running updates again. Web control panel shows up fine but I get the error below when logging in. I think might have destroyed my web panel config.

Tried running the omv-firstaid (configure web control panel) but I get "Error 2 No such file or directory". Are other commands I can try to reset my web config? How to can fix the "No such file or directory" error.

Good news though is my smb and plexmediaserver services are running fine. I can access my plex web config as well.

Thank you

Hello,

This weekend I lost a hard drive from my RAID5 setup (3 x 2TB disks). I went out and bought a new drive with the same model. Proceeded to recover the raid using the web gui. RAID recovered and now its shows clean. When I rebooted, it alerted me that a spare is missing. I did some testing on a VM and RAID should have recovered and made the new drive spare.

How to fix the alert of spare missing?

Thank you

Your idea made sense and it lead to the fix.

The permission under the /media/(disk id) were not propagating to the "Shared Folder". I ssh to omv and as root ran "mkdir /media/(disk id)/PublicShare". When I created a Shared Folder its was already on the list of path and selected it. Once I placed it on the SMB, viola! I can access the folder without username/password and it was read only.

Thank you

Hello,

I recently created a RAID5 disk and formatted to XFS. When creating a SMB folder, I have "Public no password is required to access to the share" enabled but cannot access the share. I'm using Windows 7 to access it but it says network cannot be found. If I disable Public share and authenticate, I can access the folder fine.

I have another disk with EXT4 filesystem and Public share works fine.