Beiträge von badway

So, this mean even that I have 3 network cards on my motherboard I need to install a temp one?
    Isn't there any option around that? I installed different distros and even FreeNas and XBMC and all was working fine.

Would be simpler if I installed squeeze first then OMV..

The main reason for the 4GB is basically they are left overs from my PC upgrade also the 2.5 HDD, I will give it a try, if I need the upgrade I will do it.

As for the filled drive this was a NTFS, which as I read in Snap Raid this should not be a problem, but I don't know how OMV will mount it will try to check in VM today before I screw my data.

btw, do I really need to do HDD burnin as other NAS teams is recommending? I have 1 HDD in smart tests now for the last 70 hours and still going ON?

Which OMV Version should I install 1.0.7 ?

Thanks

Thanks ryecoaaron for the comment and advice, transcoding is not a highly needed feature since I mainly watch 1080p on my PI or PC.

I have another question can I use a filled drive in the setup and how do you think SNAP-RAID fitting here.

Thanks

Hi All,

I am very interested and exited by OMV, basically it was not on my radar in my evaluation till yesterday.

My Current setup is

Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI
    Intel Celeron G1840
    2x2GB Kingston 1333
    3x3TB Western Digital (WD30EFRX)
    Be Quiet L8 400W
    Fractal Design node 304
    Plain was sandisk cruiseFit 16GB as Boot OS "OOPS"
    I need to replace this with a 2.5 / 3.5 HDD "I have normal 2.5 / 3.5" or should i go for SSD?

Main use cases are

1. Hosting my Movies / Shows
    2. Streaming to my 2 PIs, 2 PCs, ipad and samsung Tablets max 2 at a time "Transcoding maybe needed some times"
    3. Hosting my photography work (Photos and Videos)

My current idea is to go for OMV + SnapRaid.

Thanks for comments.
    W.