Beiträge von LostInCompilation

Hi,

the openmediavault-diskstats seems to have a bug (or at least an unexpected feature) I'd like to report. But I can't find a repo other than the official OMV one on Github. Where can I file a bug for this plugin?

Now to the issue.

I have an external HDD (/dev/sda) with two partitions (sda1, sda2). When I go to Diagnostics->Performance Statistics->Disk I/O I see two entries for my external drive, both named /dev/sda. They both show the exact same data, so they are not separate partitions (sda1 and 2):

Since both tabs show the same values they should either be combined into one /dev/sda or both partitions should. be shown (sda1 and sda2).

The issue is only present on the menu point "Disk I/O". If I open "Disk Usage" every drive gets displayed by their individual UID. Both partitions are displayed separately there:

Showing the UIDs would also be a better solution for "Disk I/O". But the current behaiviour seems a bit faulty with just displaying the whole drive two times with identical data.

If I scroll down on the dashboard, it jumps back up. So looks like something more is going on.

Video:

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

So what should we do about it? I'm not fully convinced that this is purely a browser issue, since it's happening with every browser (I now tested firefox, opera and Edge with chrome engine too, additionally to Safari and Chrome). Other sites using such designs don't have any problems, so something must be wrong on OMVs side or every Browser has the same bug.

Also the scroll bar on the right is not rendered properly.

Can I open a GitHub issue now?

Hi,

This tutorial is for everyone who is using an external hard drive with the Raspberry Pi and wants to use a safe method to power the drive down when rebooting/shutting down the Pi.

The problem: When powering down/rebooting the Pi, the connected hard drive won't spin down before Pi's power off. Instead power to the drive is abruptly cut off, resulting in an unpleasant clicking noise from the drive as it tries to jam the head to its parking position before the platter stops spinning.

Tutorial

To solve this issue we can use a small script which gets called right before shutdown (more specifically system halt).

Simply create a new script inside /lib/systemd/system-shutdown:

Code
    cd /lib/systemd/system-shutdown
    sudo nano safe_spindown.sh

I'm using the drive /dev/sda with a partition called /dev/sda1. Replace it with your setup.

Insert this into the script:

Save it (CTRL+O) and exit nano (CTRL+X).

Don't forget to make the new script executable:

Code
    sudo chmod +x safe_spindown.sh

That's it! Now the drive will spin down before the Pi cuts off power to it. It should definitely be better for the drive compared to just cutting power to it while it's still running.

For more info on systemd-shutdown/halt see:

https://www.freedesktop.org/so…systemd-halt.service.html

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/bootup.html

Or using man in shell:

Code
    man systemd-halt.service
    man bootup

I can not exactly see what you are doing, but this may happen, if the scroll bar to the right appears and disapears.

[...]

Can you verify, if this is the case?

- Resizing the window makes it go away

- Scroll bar appears and disappers during the flickering

You can see in the video that the scrollbar is always visible, never goes away. Only the length of the scrollbar changes, because widgets change position.

Resizing the window during the error does not resolve it.

This is not under control of the OMV UI. The browser is responsible of positioning and rendering the widgets.

Nevertheless, i never saw any problems here.

If it's an error by the browser, what are the chances that Safari and Chrome (on macOS and Windows) both behave like that? That would suggest a deeply layered issue in some core rendering functionalities of these browsers engines.

votdev Do you have focus / blur / hover events on the dashboard which slightly enlarge the components.

I remember we had the same effect with some text/ button which got bold when hovered. When one placed the mouse pointer directly at the border you got the very same effect. But there is nothing one can do about.

The error starts appearing without moving the cursor. When moving the cursor over elements or widgets, the issue stays the same.

Debug console output from Safari as soon as the issue starts:

The ResizeObserver error also gets thrown when resizing the window or clicking on a different menu item in the sidebar, but the widgets issue does not happen necessarily when this error gets thrown. If I don't resize the window and the widgets are working fine, no error is shown in the console.

Hi,

I'm experiencing an issue with OMV6:

The dashboard widgets randomly change position (suddenly only two widgets per row) and they start glitching and flickering.

This happens very unpredictably. Sometime it happens with no input after staying for minutes on the dashboard site. Sometime it happen directly when switching to the dasboard. And sometimes it does not happen. I cannot reproduce it based on a potential trigger.

I already tried a few things. Clearing browser cache and cookies. Using a different browser than Safari (Chrome). Tried different widgets. Nothing solved the issue.

Before creating a bug report at GitHub I wanted to post here first. Please let me know when I can open a bug report or if there is a potential fix.

Platform info:

Version: 6.0.30-1

Browser: Safari and Chrome

Heres a video of the issue:

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Thanks, LIC