Beiträge von wuffeldiwuf

Hey Hey,

I have a similiar problem:

I already rented a public server, that has a OpenVPN server installed, configured and the necessary certificates created and distributed for said public server installation.

I also use OMV 6 that I have configured the normal way, but also installed the openVPN Client from the normal packet repository (e.a. installed with apt-get ....)

The client is configured and comes automatically up at start up and connects to the server, no problem: the tun interface gets its VPN-IP.

AND now we come to the main problem:

OMV detects the created tun interface in the web-based statistics overview as a valid interface, BUT there seems no way of getting OMV to accept the tun interface as a valid, configured interface in the "interfaces menu". The tun interface just does not show up there.

Therefore I can't bind my samba service to the tun interface.

Has anybody ever successfully configured a tun interface, so one can use it in OMV?

@shtyrovvs this is the last hurdle. If this problem can be solved, I can help you set up your systems the same way I did setup mine. Lets hope someone has a solution for my problem.

Best regards,

wuffel