Beiträge von Charmander86

Ok - I was able to sort this by running omv-firstaid - netowork interfaces. from ssh. I'm not sure what the original cause of the issue was but I think it has something to with the fact that the router was restarted by the power outage as well - this does not happen with a simple reboot. Slightly worrying if this happens when I am away from home as it will knock out the cloudflare remote access.

I'm running OMV 6 with an installation of docker and portainer which were installed through OMV-Extras. I have several containers that require internet access, including cloudflare, qbittorrent and nextcloud - after a recent power outage these containers no longer appear to have internet access. OMV itself does have access as I'm able to SSH and ping google. I can access the weui of the containers (that have webuis) no problem.

So, the cloudflared container will not connect to cloudflare, and in qbittorrent I cannot search or upload/download torrents

I've tried restarting the containers through portainer and SSH, and restarting docker through OMV webui.

Here is the cloudflared log - showing that it is not able to access the web:

I've now rebooted the system and lost access via ssh etc.

Connecting via HDMI is appears several services are failing to start:

network service

nevowork name resolution

avahi mdns/dns-sd stack

web services dynamic discovery host daemon

After having OMV up and running for a while and running nicely, I have recently lost access to the WebUi.

when I try to access it the error from firefox is :

"The page isn’t redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies."

I still have access via SSH, and docker/portainer is working as are my containers such as nextcloud and qbittorrent, all of which I am able to acces via their WebUi's

I've tried:

>cleaning cookies/different browsers

>omv-firstaid - changing/resetting the the port

>omv-firstaid resetting configuration

>omv-firstaid clear apt/clear local package repository

but no luck so far.

I am using a TP-Link archer ax5400, it has 4 gigabit ethernet ports and a gigabit wan port. So I wouldn't be able to achieve 2.5gbps throughput using the router unfortunately.

The reason for wanting the 2.5gbe bandwidth is for backups from the Windows machine.

I have OMV installed on a QNAP TS-534d which has dual 2.5gbe ethernet ports. To date, I have one port linked to my router and have been accessing OMV wirelessly via the router on my LAN. I'd like to connect the additional 2.5gbe ethernet connection on the QNAP to a windows machine, meaning I'd have a fast 2.5gbe link between the two for file transfer.

I've tried various options in the network configuration (adding a ethernet connection, making a bridge, bond) but haven't found anything that works. Omv can see the additional network interface, but I've not found any options that allow my windows machine to communicate with/see OMV.

Am I missing something here, or is this only possible with a switch?