Beiträge von oliverbgone

All work fine now. Update to kernel 3.16 does not solve the issue... so I checked me ethernet cable... and... I have inverted 2 pair on my home made ethernet cable...

Ory for wasting up your time, but many thanks for advice.. I have now an OMV server with 3.16 kernel ! ;)

i wiil try to update to backports kernel this evening...

My NIC is provided with a dell motherboard, which is very difficult to found informations.. The only things I know from this NIC is that it is a Broadcom 57XX Gigabit Controller Driver.

Edit: I found information, and you are right! driver are include in kernel 3.x... so I have to install backports kernel...

Thanks for this advice!

My switch is a asus n66u router so its ok... all my network is gigabit, another same pc under win7 is gigabit so...
    I'll check these system information this evening...

But how i can change or update driver??

Ok i wiil keep an eye on this... For the moment my omv is not ready because of some nic problem, but i have tested your plugin and a lot of thing works fine!
    Mono seems to be well-accepted on my small hardware configuration (pentium e5400 2Gb ram, 12*2Tb data drives).

I already follow the mediaBrowser project on their forum...

Hi everyone!

I'm a french omv user since a couple of week.
    I have installed omv 1 on a dell optiplex 380 which have an integrated NIC (BROADCOM ?). I am sure that this NIC is Gigabit ready because I have another Windows 7 pc with the same hardware and I get Gigabit speed.

My question is how to tweak my NIC or how to install/update a correct/new driver to use Gigabit

Sorry for my english.

Thanks for the link David, but i already know this thread.

I will make my own test and will post here results of mediabrowser server on omv.

If anyone is interrested in, please leave a comment.

I've already install docker on my omv setup (omv 0.5), but docker sounds me very difficult. I encountered lot of error when i want to run the mediabrowser server docker file.

I search someone who has already setup with succes media browser server.

Hi everyone!

it's been a long time i browse this forum reading much and much interressant advice for my home server.

This first post is to know if there is someone has tried to install on omv mediabrowser server ?

Many thanks for your answer!

A french omv user.