Beiträge von flakmoppen

...Is it possible to change the name of the Shared Folders? Even if I remove them from the SMB and FTP shares, I seem to only be able to delete them.

I initially found my way here because I wanted to change the name of a folder and didn't know how. But I ended up doing it differently than what's suggested here.
    I'm adding a response just in case someone else would end up here, and who also finds it scary to remove and delete folders in order to rename them. xD

SSH into NAS and type: cd /srv/dev and instead of pressing enter, press tab twice to get a list of folders. Go through them (if you don't already know which one is your disk), and when you find the one containing the subfolder you're looking for, press Enter.
    Use mv old_folder_name new_folder_name to change its name. (Replace 'old_folder_name' and 'new_folder_name' with whatever names apply in your case.
    Then, change all references to it in openmediavault config by doing:
    nano /etc/openmediavault/config.xml
    Use ctrl+w to search for the reference to your folder and change it to whatever new name you gave it. Then ctrl+x followed by y to save changes, and Enter to confirm.
    I also rebooted for good measure, but everything seemed to be working before that.

(And I realise it's weird to be less scared of changing stuff in config.xml than doing it the suggested way, but that's just how my brain works I guess.)