Beiträge von helzayat

Output of what I think is a successful backup

Thanks for all your help!

No problem. I understand that it's a very particular case.
    I put /dev/nvme0n1 under 'root device' in the gui. I needed to make one little tweak because the partitions on the NVMe are named with a 'p'

so I changed esppart="${root}${esp}" to esppart="${root}p${esp}" and it happily copied my esp.

My esp (EFI System Partition) is 105MB. It is the second partition on the NVMe Windows drive.

However omv-backup somehow ends up with '/dev/sda' for esppart (I added an echo "esppart = '${esppart}}'." line) and /dev/sda is 4TB

I pushed 6.0.8 to the repo an hour ago.

Oh, sorry. OK I've updated. It's not trying to copy the Windows partition but it still wants to copy esppart which is all of /dev/sda before it copies the grub files.
    If I comment out

Code
          dd if=${esppart} bs=1M conv=sync,noerror status=progress | gzip -c > "${backupDir}/${OMV_BACKUP_FILE_PREFIX}-${date}.espdd.gz"

I get a complete backup with just /dev/sda1:

Code
    Public/omvbackup
    total 3.2G
    -rw-rw-rw-+ 1 root users  981 Sep 14 18:30 backup-omv-2022-09-14_18-30-12.blkid
    -rw-rw-rw-+ 1 root users 3.2G Sep 14 18:36 backup-omv-2022-09-14_18-30-12.dd.gz
    -rw-rw-rw-+ 1 root users  556 Sep 14 18:30 backup-omv-2022-09-14_18-30-12.fdisk
    -rw-rw-rw-+ 1 root users  446 Sep 14 18:30 backup-omv-2022-09-14_18-30-12.grub
    -rw-rw-rw-+ 1 root users 1.4K Sep 14 18:30 backup-omv-2022-09-14_18-30-12.grubparts
    -rw-rw-rw-+ 1 root users  882 Sep 14 18:30 backup-omv-2022-09-14_18-30-12.packages

As a temporary fix for my case, I commented out the lines dd-ing esppart and bootpart (which were /dev/sda and /dev/nvmeon1p2 respectively).

Only root (/dev/sda1) was copied and I able to get a backup using the plugin.
    I added some output before each 'dd', here is the result:

Here's the rest of the output of mount:

Zitat

While I don't understand why you would dual boot windows on a nas

Before I dedicate a machine to OMV, I am familiarizing myself with it. This Windows PC had a 4TB drive that I had just emptied, and so I installed OMV on it and have been getting to know the system. Eventually OMV will be on its own headless system. I also have OMV on my Western Digital My Cloud Home, but it's Arrakis so I will be updating that soon.

The line from mount that I guess you're looking for is /dev/nvme0n1p2 on /boot/efi type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0077,dmask=0077,codepage=437,iocharset=ascii,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)

That's the EFI partition on the Windows disk.

Zitat

the plugin is determining the wrong partition for the esp partition

That's right. grep -w /boot /proc/mounts | awk '{ print $1 }' returns /dev/nvme0n1p2 which is my Windows drive.
    I have Windows on one drive (NVMe) and OMV/Debian on another (SATA HDD).

and it just keeps growing

So that would resolve to:

Code
     dd if=/dev/sda1 bs=1M conv=sync,noerror status=progress | gzip -c > /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e3e9800d-bfe5-464b-8eb5-09ada3b35739Public/omvbackup/backup-omv-2022-09-14_00-59-07.espdd.gz

right?

Then why is the backup-omv*.gz file growing past the size of /sda1?

But the data partition /dev/sda3 is mounted by fstab:

Code
    /dev/disk/by-uuid/e3e9800d-bfe5-464b-8eb5-09ada3b35739          /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e3e9800d-bfe5-464b-8eb5-09ada3b35739      ext4    defaults,nofail,user_xattr,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2

so it seems that the backup includes /srv and its subfolders? Did I do something wrong when creating a share on /sda3 ?

I installed the openmediavault-backup 6.0.7 plugin. However when I start a backup, it seems to be backing up the entire drive, not just the system partition.

My system partition is 6GB with another partition on the 4TB drive containing the data, but the backup file had reached 45GB before I interrupted the backup by rebooting.
    There must be something I am not seeing about selecting what to backup.

Dashboard "Network Interfaces" not showing an ipv6 address, also Network/Interfaces showing "-" for ipv6. From CLI

Code
    ip addr show

shows the ipv6 address which I can ping from Windows machine on the network.
    Is there something I need to do so the GUI shows the ipv6 address?

Maybe a dumb question. I am new to this so please be kind. I installed the sftp plugin so I could access the OMV system files from WinSCP.
    However, I can only enable shares on the data drive for sftp. Is that all that is possible? I already have Samba access to that drive from Windows so sftp does nothing for me here. I want to be able to look at the files on the OS drive.