Beiträge von epikOMV

Sorry to revamp this thread but since it seems not fixed yet, I think it could be useful to share my experience too.

I've had the exact same problem since a while.

My HW is an old desktop PC.

The OMV is installed on a small SSD while my shared folders are located on two mechanical 3.5 hdds.

The HW is perfect, the disks are in good condition, I have no power issue.

To solve the problem I replaced the internal SATA connection cables with new ones, I tried to switch various SATA ports, deep analyzed the two disks. Regardless of my attempts with every power on, the shares on one of the disks are not visible on my DLNA client.

If I try to rescan from the web interface the effect is unpredictable: as a result I can see all the shares, or the same shares as before, or the shares from the other disk. It's crazy, there seems to be a random bug.

One important thing that Mike Warren probably can confirm is that I never have this problem with any version of OMV 5. The issue has started with OMV 6.

My two cents: this kind of issue sounds like a sort of race condition.

Hi guys,
    I'm a dev and I often have the same problem you are debating here: when a user asks for a new feature is it a good thing to implement it or not?
    Well I think the last word is always on the dev side for hundreds of reasons so, please, don't bother these guys since they are doing terrific work... they are giving us a professional NAS product for free.

And, it's true, when some users mess up their system, they come with absurd complaints and the situation is really hateful.

Anyway even if I understand the reasons for which that checkbox is there, I'm totally exhausted about this useless confirmation of a confirmation. IMHO it's an anti-pattern and I also think there should be an option to remove it at all.
    For this reason I created a user script that checks for me every confirmation checkbox whenever it shows up and now I'm happier with my OMV.

Disclaimer: I swear, I will never come here telling "I've just lost my data because there wasn't a confirmation of a confirmation checkbox... please help" 8o

For people that don't know what a user script is, it's a simple javascript code that you can inject in any web site thanks to browser plugins such as Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey. My script is for Tampermonkey but it should work for the other one too.

So install your userscript manager plugin in your browser, add the script I linked here below, customize the url where the script has to be activated (mine is 192.168.1.66/* because my OMV is for my eyes only), and welcome to your new, less boring, confirmation dialog.

Any feedback will be welcome and I hope not to break any community rule with this.

The code is really simple and short so you can check by yourself if you are afraid of it.

https://github.com/epikgit/OMV…%20Customizations.user.js