Beiträge von m4th3us

Hi guys, It was everything working perfect but when I installed "virtualbox-ext-pack", apt removed openmediavault-virtualbox, and then after a installed openmediavault-virtualbox again phpvirtualbox is getting 404 not found. What can I do? Thank you

Just out of curiosity, does it state why the Transmission daemon crashes? I've rarely had it crash.

I think that having OpenMediaVault on Arch Linux would be nice, but it would probably mean a lot of work to since it's a moving target. With Debian you know that configuration more or less should work the same for the whole time on that Debian version.

There's also one thing I think Debian provides that makes it a lot easier to work with and that is its default configurations. It's in most cases set up with sane defaults and it's easy to extend since they've in most cases added a service.d folder for each service. In Arch you have to do most things from scratch so there's sadly no way to just write configuration files in the same way on both systems. Otherwise it would have been a lot easier to support both. But problems are meant to be solved :)

If not Arch Linux, at least Linux Mint would be lot better...

You do that and I bet you don't have as much extra time.... :P

With debian i never gonna have extra time,

"Stopping MySQL database server: mysqld failed!" - Since the installation, the MySQL plugin never worked 100%, service always fails when i try to restart or stop...

Transmission daemon crashes at least 2 times a day..,

When a reboot, sometimes owncloud lost shared links...

And many others problens that i've already solved...

Examples?

Mine works....but I like Ubuntu a lot more since there are more Multimedia repos.

Very, very old packages...

Some packages seems that never gonna be updated on the repos...

version upgrade, never work how it should...

Remove package that have a lot of dependencies have great chance to broke the system...

Permissions on debian sucks...

I'd to suggest some big chages... First of all, lets made clear that i do like your project, great work.

I suggest change the base distro or even make the project avaliable to other distro like Arch Linux.

Why? Simple... Debian Repos sucks... I respect everyone needs, but this such thing as "stable" not works how it should be...

Debian has a lot of broken things that no one care about...

I really like this project, i had donated and everything but as soon as i get some extra time i'm going to remove debian from my life.

thanks

Hey guys,

I'm using omv OpenMediaVault 0.5.57 (Sardaukar) - Debian Squeeze...

I hear something about new version (1.0) coming up, on IRC...

I wanna know if you have some schedule dates, to-do list somewhere...

And mostly, new version will work on squeeze or i would have to upgrade to wheezy?

Also, how can i test beta version? i'd already have debian on virtualbox for testing only.

Thanks!

Hey, OpenMediaVault is awesome!

Do you guys have some channel on iRC?

I've searched but couldn't find...