Posts by ggr

I'm not at home during 2 weeks, so cannot perform any test for the time being. Did you on your side?

If you did, may you please share with me how to change to older kernel and I'll be pleased to do some testing.

I was having the same issue. Connecting to NFS shares on OMV caused the OMV NAS to reboot after a time.

Changing the kernel from 5.6.0.0 to 5.5.0.0 fixed it for me too.:)

I really don't. I have no idea how nfs could make a nas reboot. It doesn't make sense to me. I use nfs A LOT and have never seen anything like this.

I've been scratching my head over that for the past couple of weeks. I thought my OSMC box was somehow to blame until I mapped some OMV NFS shares to my windows 10 box. I found I could also make the OMV NAS crash just my browsing the shares. I found the solution here - OMV spontaneous reboots

Reverting to the 5.5.0-0 kernel fixes the problem. Looks like the issue is with 5.6.0.0.

Since reverting to 5.5.0.0 my system has been up for 3days and 15hrs despite continual button mashing and sleep/wake cycles of the Apple TV while at home on lockdown.

This is longer than any single uptime while using 5.6.0.0

Think I'm going to stay on 5.5.0.0 for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for this.

The reboots and crashes while connecting to NFS shares has been driving me mad for the past few weeks. After messing around with memory checkers, trawling through logs and changing various NFS parameters (including adding unique fsid's to shares) to no avail, reverting to the 5.5.00 kernel has finally fixed it for me too.

Thanks again, it was driving me crazy

Cool! Bear in mind that hd-idle is not super reliable because it's very very very old, in particular has one issue with standby. If you put your system in standby, when it's resumed hd-idle will not eventually resume (it will for some time then stops), meaning it won't put to sleep your drives.

Cheers. My OMV server runs 24/7 so the stanby issue doesnt worry me.

Thanks again.

I have a similar problem, however its only opening the File Systems tab that wakes them up.

I also want to keep my drives spundown by default and I'm trying to figure out what wakes them.

If I send an hdparm -Y /dev/sd[abcdefghi] command, I can set them to idle, but it dosnt last, even though Im not accessing them.

I've also noticed that even though Ive set the drives to minimum power usage in the GUI, /etc/hdparm.conf  still has the default apm settings.

The file comment says -

"# This file is auto-generated by openmediavault (https://www.openmediavault.org)

# WARNING: Do not edit this file, your changes will get lost."

but I've yet to find out the correct place to edit to make the change permanent. (OMV5)

OK, moving the boot drive to SATA seems to have fixed it.

SSD is consistently detected as sda1 and we now boot correctly every time. I've no idea why booting from USB is problematic (perhaps the PC didn't like the USB to SATA adapter I was using) but its fixed now. :)

Still not sure how BIOS/Debian allocates device ids, but Ill avoid using a USB boot device for now.

I think you're right mneese.

I'm going to try removing one of my data drives and attaching the SSD via SATA, to see if that solves it.

I agree that its likely a hardware issue rather than OMV. I just wish I could figure out how Debian and/or the motherboard BIOS assign drives. The SSD is not always assigned to sdi1, and I suspect that may be causing the issue. Hopefully moving the boot drive to SATA may help.

This is the single most infuriating thing about my OMV installation.

Sometimes it boots, other times it doesnt.

I have 8 SATA drives and OMV installed on a USB connected SSD. Ive set the BIOS so it will only boot from the USB SSD.

Sometimes the server complains it cant find the boot device, so I power down and retry.

Sometimes it boots to Grub, but then goes into the " mdadm: no arrays found... loop"But if Im lucky, at other times it will boot into OMV.

I've tried all the sugestions in this thread, and my grub config points to the UUID of my SSD.

I love OMV, and have been using it since v2, but its got to the point where I dread rebooting the box.

Im pretty sure the problem is specific to my setup, but its annoying none the less.

Thanks for the replies.

I run a headless installation.
    From memory, there used to be the option in the backup gui to set omv to boot once from clonezilla to do a backup/restore and then a normal boot thereafter. I take it this is no longer possible?

(Edit)
    Ignore me. I found the boot once option under the kernal tab.
    Doh!

Hi,
    Ive installed openmediavault-backup 4.0.6 from OMV-Extras and have installed Clonezilla from the Kernel tab, but the Clonezilla tab doesn't appear in System/Backup.

I've had this working on previous OMV installations, but for some reason its not working now.
    What did I do wrong?

Has anyone managed to get the openvpn-as plugin to work on OMV3?
    Ive had no luck and a search of this forum reveals a few others with the same problem, but no solution.
    Plugin installs OK but throws an error when trying to enable -

Code
    'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl stop openvpnas.service 2>&1' with exit code '5': Failed to stop openvpnas.service: Unit openvpnas.service not loaded.'

Really miss openvpn-as since upgrading to OMV3 :(

Ok plugin now installed, but cant enable it :(

Code
    Error #0: exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl stop openvpnas.service 2>&1' with exit code '5': Failed to stop openvpnas.service: Unit openvpnas.service not loaded.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(83): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 5) #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(118): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('stop', NULL, false) #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/openvpnas.inc(101): OMV\System\SystemCtl->disable(true) #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(147): OMV\Engined\Module\OpenVPNAS->stopService() #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array) #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusFG...', '/tmp/bgoutputi5...') #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure)) #9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(208): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array) #10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array) #11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array) #13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1) #14 {main}

Thanks CapaZo. That worked!
    Followed your instructions from 2 onward and now have the plugin installed.
    (I assume thats a typo in 5, I used dpkg -i openvpn-as-2.1.4-Debian8.amd_64.deb)

Thanks for your help :)

Hi,
    openmediavault-openvpnas 3.3 plugin doesn't appear to work on OMV 3
    Trying to install via the OMV-Extras gui gives error-

Code
    Some packages could not be installed...
    The following packages have unmet dependancies:
    openmediavault-openvpnas : Depends: openvpn-as (>= 2.0.24) but it is not installable
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Has anyone managed to get this plugin running on OMV 3?