Beiträge von chett

I have installed a fresh copy of OMV 2.1. I know that this has been rehashed many times here but I read all the posts with no luck.
    During the installation of OMV at home I input the proper and tested IP of an available IP, the Public DNS of 8.8.8.8 and the gateway address of my router. I select nothing for domain. (I have tried with a domain)
    Sometimes when the installation is finished I do not get a url to connect to the box, so I have to manually configure the network using omv-firstaid inputting the same info as before during instalaltion. After rebooting I can get in via a web browser.
    Once in, I goto network and check the proper IP, DNS which I use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, no domain and everything else looks good. Kepp in mind if I goto the CLI on the box and ping anything on the internet (domain name) like google or Microsoft or even our corporate webserver, nothing. if I ping and IP address I get responses, if I ping my router I get responses, if I ping devices in my house I get responses. (all by IP address)
    Now if I goto plugins to install any of the available ones I get host not known/cannot resolve hosts.
    I have even rebooted my router and switches, used the 2nd net port on the box, connected straight to the router. no difference.

Any insight would be helpful. Sounds like a configuration file needs to either be edited or blown away and recreated. Again, I don't know.

Thanks in advance.

I get the following error when updating:

Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Reading state information...
    The following packages will be upgraded:
    openmediavault-mysql
    1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 20.0 kB of archives.
    After this operation, 1024 B disk space will be freed.
    WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
    openmediavault-mysql
    Authentication warning overridden.
    Get:1 http://packages.omv-extras.org/debian/ kralizec-testing/main openmediavault-mysql all 1.0.7 [20.0 kB]
    Fetched 20.0 kB in 5s (3645 B/s)
    (Reading database ... 66003 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace openmediavault-mysql 1.0.6 (using .../openmediavault-mysql_1.0.7_all.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement openmediavault-mysql ...
    Processing triggers for openmediavault ...
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    Setting up openmediavault-mysql (1.0.7) ...
    {"response":null,"error":{"code":2002,"message":"Invalid method parameter: '' does not match '\/^[a-f0-9]{8}-[a-f0-9]{4}-[a-f0-9]{4}-[a-f0-9]{4}-[a-f0-9]{12}$\/i'","trace":"exception 'OMVException' with message 'Invalid method parameter: '' does not match '\/^[a-f0-9]{8}-[a-f0-9]{4}-[a-f0-9]{4}-[a-f0-9]{4}-[a-f0-9]{12}$\/i'' in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpcservice.inc:187\nStack trace:\n#0 \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/rpc\/sharemgmt.inc(302): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->validateMethodParams(Array, '{???? \"type\":\"...')\n#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->set(Array, Array)\n#2 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#3 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('set', Array, Array)\n#4 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-engined(501): OMVRpc::exec('ShareMgmt', 'set', Array, Array, 1)\n#5 {main}"}}
    dpkg: error processing openmediavault-mysql (--configure):
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    Processing triggers for openmediavault ...
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    openmediavault-MySQL

Any help appreciated.

No matter what I do, I create a RAID5 using 3 brand new drives (I have 9 new of these Seagate RED 2TB) I tried all my drives. OMV-Latest Build
    The RAID never sticks. Here is some of what is going on:

1. Create a RAID 5 with the 3 new drives>Add shared folders>remove shared folders>Restart>Raid Missing (I never touch the file system)
    2. Create a RAID 5 with different new drives>Add a share>restart>RAID STILL VIABALE>Shut down>Startup>RAID MISSING
    3. Create a RAID 5 with yet again unopened drives>Add Shares>Setup CIFS>Add shares in CIFS>Restart>RAID VIABLE>remove Shares in CIFS>RAID MISSING

I am a Linux noobie, but out of frustration I have to say that OMV has major issues with RAID. I cannot trust it to put anything on it without the fear of losing it the minute I do something. (Bad or Good)
    I have a brand new ASROCK Server Mini-ITX Board. Any help appreciated. Thanks

I know that this has been hashed out over and over, but I have not seen a post where the device looks like below.

This is what I see when I go to the file system

Device Label File System Capacity Available Used Mounted Status

n/a n/a ext4 n/a n/a n/a No Missing

/dev/sda1 ext4 442.82GiB 418.03GiB 2.29GiB Yes Online

The delete button turns grey so I cannot delete it. Since this not giving any device info, where do I delete it and what do I look for?

Any help appreciated.

I think it is IE, opened in Chrome and it works
    But here is the output:

ii openmediavault 1.0.14 all
    Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-backup 1.0.5 all
    backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    pi openmediavault-calibre 1.0.3 all
    Calibre plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-couchpotato 1.0.2 all
    OpenMediaVault CouchPotatoServer plugin
    ii openmediavault-extplorer 1.0.3 all
    OpenMediaVault eXtplorer plugin
    ii openmediavault-forkeddaapd 1.0 all
    OpenMediaVault forked-daapd (DAAP server) plugin
    ii openmediavault-iscsitarget 1.0 all
    OpenMediaVault iSCSI Enterprise Target plugin
    ii openmediavault-keyring 0.3 all
    GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii openmediavault-minidlna 1.0.5 all
    OpenMediaVault miniDLNA (DLNA server) plugin
    ii openmediavault-netatalk 1.1 all
    OpenMediaVault netatalk (AppleTalk Protocol Suite) plugin
    ii openmediavault-offlineimap 1.0.1 all
    offlineimap plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 1.0.4 all
    OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    pc openmediavault-owncloud 1.1.1 all
    OpenMediaVault ownCloud plugin
    ii openmediavault-pyload 1.0.0 all
    OpenMediaVault pyLoad plugin
    ii openmediavault-remoteshare 1.0.2 all
    remote share plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-rsnapshot 1.0.2 all
    OpenMediaVault rsnapshot backup plugin.
    ii openmediavault-sabnzbd 1.0.2 all
    OpenMediaVault SABnzbd plugin
    ii openmediavault-sickbeard 1.0.1 all
    OpenMediaVault Sick Beard plugin
    ii openmediavault-subsonic 1.0.4 all
    A web-based music streamer, jukebox and Podcast receiver
    ii openmediavault-usbbackup 1.0 all
    OpenMediaVault USB/eSATA backup plugin
    ii openmediavault-wakealarm 1.0.0.2 all
    wakealarm plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-wol 1.0 all

Thank You.
    I did check the updates and it did not show, however when I went to install the plugins that gave me trouble, they installed and I saw that unrar was being downloaded. No errors.
    Thanks so much.

Hello,

I am getting the following error installing minidnla (I get errors like this installing other plugins as well (lvm2) and I do not know how to fix it.

Here is the error trying to install a plugin from within the WebGui I am running 1.0.9
    Any assistance appreciated.