Beiträge von johncant

I might be, but if you take a look at this link: https://github.com/minio/minio/issues/15455, in minio RELEASE.2022-05-26T05-48-41Z and before, it looks like if you created files in the filesystem (the OMV shared folder), you then see those files via the S3-compatible API.

Now, this no longer works (tested today). The only way to add files, and see them in the S3-compatible API is to upload them via the S3-compatible API.

I set up openmediavault-s3 today and configured it up to use an existing shared folder.

I then visited the Minio admin page and started configuring access.

Very few of the folders actually appeared in the output of aws s3 ls and I wasn't able to find a way to force Minio to scan my files.

This is because the Minio developers have removed support for existing files since openmediavault-s3 was implemented.

Deprecation of the MinIO gateway
    MinIO is deprecating the gateway and will be completely removed in six months. This should not come as a surprise, we began informing the community in 2020 and…
    blog.min.io

Feature request: bring back the legacy FS backend · Issue #15455 · minio/minio
    Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe. Minio should support serving a simple filesystem directory over the S3 API and via the console.…
    github.com

Mount existing folders with files to minio · Discussion #15496 · minio/minio
    Hello, i run docker-compose and share volumes with files to minio contanier. Then when i connect to aws, my bucket is empty. How mount existing files to minio?
    github.com

The changes mean that openmediavault-s3 is only a one way link between Minio's S3-compatible API and the shared folder, whereas before it was a two way link.

The changes will also make it awkward if any of the minio metadata gets corrupted and you need to reinstall minio. You then need to re-upload all your data.

I can see why the Minio developers have made this change, but it definitely impacts the usefulness for self-hosters with a single filesystem.