Beiträge von sebx59

Hi,

I managed to run a live linux with boot-repair utility. The utility said it cannot help but generated the following report :

Code
    sda: ___________________________________________________________________________
    File system:       iso9660    
    Boot sector type:  Grub2 (v1.99-2.00)    
    Boot sector info:  Grub2 (v1.99-2.00) is installed in the boot sector of sda and looks at sector 6353368 of the same hard drive for core.img, but core.img can not be found at this location.

full report : https://sprunge.us/XQICO2

Hi,

I recently upgraded my setup from OMV 6 to OMV 7 and everything was working fine. This weekend, the NAS installed unattended upgrades (linux) and required reboot which I did saturday morning. Since that, the NAS didn't showed up on the network. I plugged a monitor on it and it's stuck at the GRUB bootloader (see attachments). Nothing works except CTRL+ALT+SUPPR

I managed to boot on OMV system with System Rescue live CD choosing "run existing OS", and everything looks OK but I don't know how to repair GRUB...

I juste tried to setup my wife's user under OMV then access its personal folder on its computer which on Windows 10, I added her credentials in identity manager and everything works fine

Issue is on Windows 11 configuration, something must be different than in W10...

Hi,

I just installed OMV 6 and shared multiple folders with NFS & SMB, everything is OK and I can access the folders marked as "Guest allowed" under the SMB configuration menu with my Windows 11 computer.

Now, I would like to create different users with personal folders to store personal documents for each member of the family.

I activated the "Home folders" setting for the users and SMB shares and assigned a shared folder (which is not shared by SMB)

When I create a user, I can see its home folder in the shared folder, everything looks OK.

But, when I access my NAS from the Windows file browser, no credentials are asked and no user's folder is present (indeed).

If I activate the "browsable" option I can see a "homes" share in windows but cannot access it.

I'm a bit lost, how come Windows doesn't ask for my credentials?

If I try to force my credentials in Windows Identity Manager for the NAS, I got a "connection refused" error.