Beiträge von PaddyB

Hi,

does anyone have a hint for me? Or is a fresh installation my only chance?

I do not have enough experience to try some things on my own outside the GUI.

Thanks for helping me in advance,

Patrick

Hi Community,

I am having a problem with one of my NAS.

First there was a RAID0 with two harddrives running on it and it was all fine.

I decided to add an encryption using the LUKS plugin.

So far so good, I removed all references to the file system and deattached it.

After doing that, I deleted the Raid and erased the drives all within the web gui.

Then, I created the Raid0 again and thought that I can build up the encryption on the Raid as I did on a fresh OMV installation on another NAS.

But with the luks plugin I am not able to select this new raid.

I think it has something to do that the old file system is still available after erasing the harddrives. I can select the button to attach an existing file system.

Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of this existing filesystem?

Thanks a lot,

Patrick

Okay, I understand the problem, this was my mistake I understood that wrong with the encryption.

is there any chance to get rid of this problem without loosing the stored data on the involved harddrives?

I don't have access to it in the usual way.

Thanks

I have only 2 harddrives (sda, sdb) which are the LUKS devices and these two were combined to the RAID and further my file system is based on this.

After restart, my RAID got deleted and my file system is missing since then.

When I get you right, no RAID exists at the moment and my harddrives do not refer to anything.

But I am also not able to create a new RAID because I don't find my harddrives listed during the creation process.

I'm using a RAID1 configuration and right, the missing file system is on this RAID.

Output:

Code
    Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10]
    unused devices: <none>

i tried it but unfortunately without success.

the output is the following:

I've created the filesystem (including formatting the disk) new because I switched my system to use the luksencryption plugin.

All of this happened directly in the OMV web interface using standard OMV functions.

I didn't do any restart after that and all things worked fine for about a week.

Yesterday I installed the wireguard plugin and the system wanted a reboot after, before I did this, I also updated anything the actualisation manager suggested to do (none beta releases).

But to answer your question: I did nothing outside of OMV.

Thanks

Hi all,

after an update I'm struggling with OMV. My filesystem and my raid (mirror) are missing since then and I was not able to get it back.

I found some similar topics but each case seems to specific and therefore I need help on this please.

I am using an Odroid ARM based setup and two harddrives.

The main error I get is: fsname: The value "" does not match exactly one schema of [{"type":"string","format":"fsuuid"},{"type":"string","format":"devicefile"},{"type":"string","format":"dirpath"}]

First of all I thought that the name of my device has changed but I think this shouldn't be the case because I'm referring to uuid (correct me if I'm wrong):

I can't see any error in the fsname section.

lsblk

Code
    NAME        MAJ:MIN RM  SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
    sda           8:0    0  1.8T  0 disk
    sdb           8:16   0  1.8T  0 disk
    mmcblk0     179:0    0 29.1G  0 disk
    ├─mmcblk0p1 179:1    0  487M  0 part /boot
    ├─mmcblk0p2 179:2    0 27.7G  0 part /
    ├─mmcblk0p3 179:3    0    1K  0 part
    └─mmcblk0p5 179:5    0  975M  0 part [SWAP]

blkid

Code
    /dev/mmcblk0p1: UUID="3f566fdc-40cc-4efd-badd-64ca7dceac9b" BLOCK_SIZE="1024" TYPE="ext2" PARTUUID="e08a59fd-01"
    /dev/mmcblk0p2: UUID="58ee58c2-9be2-40ba-8064-d85ca94a879a" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="e08a59fd-02"
    /dev/mmcblk0p5: UUID="b8f35f7b-2ba4-4fb1-9553-5b6fc96375e5" TYPE="swap" PARTUUID="e08a59fd-05"
    /dev/sda: UUID="c9a38c39-4e8b-4f44-8924-07e5a1323b9e" LABEL="sda" TYPE="crypto_LUKS"
    /dev/sdb: UUID="c1e21d75-4bfa-40f9-9f68-0fcdaa39af74" LABEL="sdb" TYPE="crypto_LUKS"

fstab

Last but not least here are some outputs from the log which might help:

Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to help me.

Have a great day and cheers from Austria.

Thanks, Patrick

Hi @ all,

I am using an Odroid-HC4 with Debian 11 and OMV 6.1.4-2 (Shaitan).

My problem is that my system boots every day at a specific time.

I want to keep the starts of the discs as low as possible and so this is very counterproductive.

With the help of the systemlog I figured out what is causing this behaviour.

The cron-apt daily starts and with it my system.

So how can I configure my system that I am not using cron-apt daily for installing updates but cron-apt weekly?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Patrick