Beiträge von driz

I posted about my upgrade going poorly. kids were freaking out over the loss of plex and my wife was upset over her docs being inaccessible on the NFS share, so i went ahead and did a manual debian install (im a centos guy but i managed it) and following the directions above (including the extras repo) i got everything restored. great job to all and thanks for the well written guide.

Hello everyone, long time user here. went through the upgrade after verifying my plugins were available.this occured at the end of the update

Code
    Processing triggers for initramfs-tools ...update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-5-amd64W: mdadm: unchecked configuration file: /etc/mdadm/mdadm.confW: mdadm: please read /usr/share/doc/mdadm/README.upgrading-2.5.3.gz .W: mdadm: no arrays defined in configuration file.WARNING: could not open /var/tmp/mkinitramfs_yFaAHB/lib/modules/2.6.32-5-amd64/modules.builtin: No such file or directoryProcessing triggers for mime-support .../tmp/tmp.yq7F9LirWO/post.d/90-apache2-clean: 32: /tmp/tmp.yq7F9LirWO/post.d/90-apache2-clean: a2dissite: not found

After this, nothing was working, but i know there was a kernel update, so i rebooted. upon boot i am now stuck on

Code
    Starting VMware Tools services in the virtual machine:
    Switching to guest configuration:

at this point it hangs indefinitely. the only kernel choice aside from the primary is the same version in recover mode which ill play with next. with kralizec coming out in a couple days, im not to keen on rebuilding at the moment but i think that may be the next step. Booting with the recovery mode kernel hangs at the same point. I'll try using an actual bootdisk next.