Beiträge von iguana007

I have gathered additional info of my situation now:

• in /etc/lvm/ is config file, which is empty, but there is also Backup folder with yesterday timestamp of time, when I was approx working on upgrade and it includes info about my raid which was functional before
    • /etc/openmediavault contains only php.ini and config.xml, so it seems that openmediavalut is uninstalled now I guess? Or should I check some other locations too?

Please, let me know, if you need to know anything else to be able help me with this issue.
    Thank you.

Hello,
    I decided yesterday to upgrade by OMV 1.19 with Wheezy to latest distro and OMV relaease.
    I started with distro upgrade based on this guide: http://www.pontikis.net/blog/debian-upgrade-wheezy-to-jessie
    Everything went smooth, also everything seemed to be working after distro upgrade, but things broke down, after I used: apt-get autoremove and rebooted machine...
    Since then following happens:

• I am unable to access OMV UI, shows 403 forbidden message
    • omv commands seems to be unavailable (like omv-update), like omv would be removed, but I can find omv folder in /etc/
    • Shell is in emergency mode after boot
    • I cannot login remotely via ssh, I am getting timeout
    • my LVM data are not accessible anymore
    • I see errors about dirty filesystem on some disc during boot and suggestion to login into Windows and try to fix it with chkdsk, so I did so (I have Windows 10 on one of SSD inside this box), but chkdsk did not find any error on any disc
    • I am even unable to reboot using command line anymore (must do hard reset with button on PC case), because during this action it gets into infinite loop of massages like: task plymouth 616 blocked timeout 120 seconds (I do not have exact messages now, because I am at work, but I can post more details later)

Please, tell me that I can get it fixed somehow and save my LVM built of 3 HDDs and full of 8TB data :/

Thank you.

Hi again :)
    So I tried to boot to Gparted Live and started Gparted app ... but I do not understand, what is wrong with my LVM ... I was checking google and this forums for answers, but everyone has on the screenshots displayed their LVM partitions, but I do not see them ...
    All I can do in GParted is, that I can select different HDDs (in top menu or in the dropdown at top right corner) and display details about those discs. I have all my three HDDs from my LVM listed there, but by all of them Gparted just shows, that they are completely "unallocated".
    Is it possible, that I created my LVM wrong way or do you have any idea what could be wrong with my NAS, that I am unable to resize LVM filesystem?
    Thanks for any advice...

Hi,
    I have added two new HDD to my NAS and tried to exted LVM Logical Volume. I did so and LVM shows me correct size of volume.
    But filesystem won`t resize and it still shows size of first hdd added to this logical volume/group. When I try to resize LVM Filesystem by clicking on "Resize" button on "File systems" screen, then I do get following error after confirmation, that I want to resize filesystem. Any idea, what could I do wrong?
    Thank you for any suggestions.
    I also added few screenshots from gui, maybe it will help.
    I am running Kralizec 1.0.22 (updated today).

Code
    Failed to execute command 'resize2fs /dev/mapper/Data-Data': Filesystem at /dev/mapper/Data-Data is mounted on /media/c24984ae-4591-4004-bf3a-34738b737f8f; on-line resizing required old_desc_blocks = 339, new_desc_blocks = 466

Code
    Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'resize2fs /dev/mapper/Data-Data': Filesystem at /dev/mapper/Data-Data is mounted on /media/c24984ae-4591-4004-bf3a-34738b737f8f; on-line resizing required
    old_desc_blocks = 339, new_desc_blocks = 466' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:657
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->resize(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('resize', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(501): OMVRpc::exec('FileSystemMgmt', 'resize', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

i use VDR on my NAS and vdrvnsi plugin for xbmc on my PI

And where is your cable from satellite dish connected? In your reply it was completely mystery for me, how you do get signal from satellite to NAS and it still is.

As other ones suggested me here, there is such a thing/protocol, which is called SAT>IP, what means, that I can connect cable from my satellite dish directly to the device supporting this protocol and it converts pure satellite signal to SAT>IP distributed via LAN to any device connected to network (for example this one: Schwaiger MS41IP).

Is it clear now?

Sounds like you are you looking for SAT->IP. If yes it should be easy to find something with this keyword.

THANKS! This is the thing I was looking for :)
    So, as much as I already studied about this SAT>IP, it seems, that my question is not related to NAS at all, but I will need to get some SAT>IP server device (I already found some on my local market) and client, which could handle SAT>IP protocol - it seems, that XBMC should work too with some plugin (found few threads online, where is this protocol solved related to xbmc).

Hmmm, probably it does not fit my request either - I checked Homerun website and there is not device supporting DVB-S or DVB-S2 (satellite) ... any other ideas for device supporting satellite broadcast and streaming its contents to multiple TVs over LAN network (media player available by every TV - Raspberry)?

Hi,
    I am new here and I am currently starting with the build of my brand new NAS based on OMV.
    While I was browsing this forum and plugins website, I found an plugin for the TV recording (openmediavault-vdr), so I guess, that it is possible to run TV card on the NAS system somehow and stream its contents into the network.
    Could anyone guide me please, where to find more relevant information about hardware/software used for receiving DVB-S or DVB-S2 broadcast in the NAS and stream it to the network? I do understand, that I have to install come PCi or USB receivers to the NAS, but I do not understand the rest - how the content will get to TV? I think, that there must be also some device or HTPC by every TV in the house - or - must/can TV support some special functionality/protocol to avoid more devices connected to the network?
    Any hints please?
    Thanks!