Beiträge von pullasuti

I would rather ask myself why your UUIDs get "messed up". It seems more like a drive is missing instead, thus your system drops to maintenance.

Greetings
    David

Indeed. However, it would be a lot easier to do maintenance on the system remotely, if I didn't need to worry about the computer blocking me out when I restart it.

Currently I have a LVM/RAID setup running, and everything is working as it should, but I just can't restart the computer to check 100% out of concerns that I'll be unable to access it for the next two weeks.

Also, when setting up the new RAID, I noticed that OMV is getting the old UUID for the md0 from somewhere and adding it to fstab, even though it doesn't exist anymore. I have to keep removing it manually.

Well, anyway... I just thought that someone could maybe comment on how to get past the maintenance prompt remotely. This is a nuisance when working with the system in the same room, as well, because it's supposed to be a headless system.

Ok, I have a problem.

I have been trying to set up a RAID5 on my NAS, and every time I get things going and reboot the system, all the uuid's get messed up, and OMV is unable to mount the devices properly, and thus keeps waiting for someone to press ctrl-d. The problem is, that currently I'm hundreds of kilometers away, and need to reboot the machine every now and then, and it is quite impossible to press ctrl-d when things go wrong. Is there any way to get past this silly prompt remotely? It's a little frustrating to know, that the next boot / power outage is going to lock my computer for a week or two, until I can get to it and physically press two buttons.