Beiträge von flaca

Regarding point 4 (if I understand you correctly), depending on the TV, the capabilities of the NAS hardware and your WiFi speed you should be able to browse the NAS and play media files using DLNA, Plex, or Logitech Media Server. I have an LG Smart TV and I can play videos stored on my NAS over the network using any of those methods. I use a mixture of Ethernet cable and power line connections rather than wifi, so no idea how stable video playback is over WiFi. My guess is that if your TV is a smart TV from the past 3 years or so then you should be fine, if your TV is older then the TV might see the NAS on the network but might or might not be able to play media files (my last TV couldn’t play network media).

Hi all, I’m trying to set up forked-daapd so my Apple TV 4k can see OMV as an itunes server using Home Sharing. I’ve searched all over the place for documentation/answers including OMV forums so sorry if I missed something. Some people seem to have got it working, although there seem to be issues with connections dropping out. I can’t even get my Apple TV to see OMV.

One issue could be that the Apple TV is looking for a computer (or presumably an itunes server?) with the same Apple ID (user id) as the one used on Apple TV. How do I specify the Apple ID in forked-daapd? I tried putting the Apple ID as the Library Name in the forked-daapd config screen in the OMV UI but that didn’t work. Note that I did not have include any switches or other syntax, just the Apple ID, so maybe the Library Name parameter needs some correct syntax to work? Or maybe I need to edit a config file somewhere?

All help welcome!

Cheers,
    Scott

Thanks, it's not noticeably running slow. But then the SSD only has OMV OS and Squeezebox server (or whatever it's called now). So no file transfer apart from upgrades I guess? I hardly ever reboot the system and don't fiddle with the OS drive much. System runs fine.

Any diagnostics I can run?

Any tips on migrating to a new OS drive? I see there are new backup/restore options. If I can't backup/restore to a new OS drive then I will need to rebuild the RAID array too - any tips there greatly appreciated.

Hi, I've been happily running OMV with no problems since v0.2 I think. Anyway, a few days ago, possibly after upgrade to 1.11, I saw the following errors/odd things in the WebGUI- note that they are not in priority order, I am just writing everything I see:

1. Dashboard no longer appearing on login to WebGUI - system information showing instead. Dashboard entry is available in menu, but clicking Add button does nothing

2. Update manager showing no updates, just showing "Install updates from" with Pre-release updates and Community-maintained updates tick boxes. Ticking either or both tick boxes and saving does nothing.

3. OMV-Extras.org menu entry appears, but clicking on it does nothing

4. The two entries below Access Rights Management appear as "undefined" - clicking on the top one shows "Failed to get configuration (xpath=//system/omvextrasorg/resetperms)". Clicking the bottom one shows User home directory Enable tick box and location field

5. Shellinabox menu entry is shown, but clicking on it gives error "Failed to get configuration (xpath=//services/shellinabox)

6. Nut was showing error message until a couple of days ago. Now UPS menu item is accessible and shows normal settings page (I think!) but clicking UPS tab in Services menu gives error "Failed to execute command 'upsc 'ups' 2>&1': Error: Connection failure: Connection refused"

Otherwise, everything works ok! None of these are critical, but it would be nice to clean them all up!

All help welcome. Note that I'm not very Linux-savvy but I'm not afraid of breaking things. Happy to take do anything but will benefit from instructions!

Cheers,
    Scott