Beiträge von TripleDD

Question from a newbie: do I need to move up to a RPi4 8GB system or change a setting or ?

Situation:

While transferring all my data from my NTFS 4GB drive via SMB to my Windows PC external drive, I keep getting the following msg: [NAS] Monitoring alert -- Resource limit succeeded NAS. Received the same msgs when I transferred the data back to my newly formatted EXT4 drive from the Windows PC external drive.

My system:

RPi4, 4GB

OMV: 6.3.7-5

The system does not crash or shutdown. The files do transfer.

and this image represents right now....pretty much at idle,

the load "seems" excessive. It was fairly maxed out during the file transfer effort.

At first, I thought more memory was needed, but that shows:

And the CPU Utilization was hovering around 50%.

So - enough memory and good CPU.

so my question:

Do I need to move up to a RPi4 8GB system - does not seem like it.

Or change a setting or ?

Your help is appreciated.

Well, that took a bit longer than expected. However, all worked well! I transferred all data from my two NTFS drives, removed them, readded and formatted to ETX4, and moved the data back.

Many thanks for your patience and guidance ! Now - on to my next OMV task .....Have a great weekend!

Good Day,

I have the same (?) problem. I have two USB attached drives that show "referenced". I disabled the home directory, selected "none", saved, and applied changes. I disabled ClamAV, and saved and applied changes I have done the same with SMB. What else is there? Where else should I look?

This is a recent - last Saturday install of OMV 6.3.7-4, on a RPi4 (4gb) system. OMV-extras is installed. Three plugins installed are: ClamAV, CPU Temp, and OMV-extra. SSH is enabled. Docker and Portainer are installed from omv-extras. Only installed - I have done nothing with them.

Your help pls.

I recently installed OMV 6 ( 6.3.7-5) and have Plugins and OMV-extras available. I have installed Docker and Portainer as I understand I need both to install PLEX. Yet, PLEX does not show up in Plugins or Portainer. All online help seems to indicate there should be an OMV-EXTRA PLEX or a Portainer template - yet neither are present. HOw do I get PLEX?

Just following up on my question on how to attach aRPi4 to the NAS? I have an RPi4 I will be using to surf the web and some other chores, and need to connect it to the OMV NAS - but how?

Thanks for the reading.

And on my other question:

So, I like simple and clearly (thank you!) I am doing it the hard way. Switching gears to easy: I have the following completed:

Zitat

- Create an OMV server in an RPi

- On that server connect the data drives.

Now I need to:

Zitat

- Install Plex on the server.

- Save the other PI or use it for something else, you don't need it.

Now I need to read up on (I know very little about this subject - sources to read-up on??) installing Docker (?) and PLEX on my OMV server.

Question - I seem to, in my mind, have the same question about access to the OMV NAS from an external system.

I read: [How-to] Use the openmediavault-remotemount plugin

As I read this, this allows one OMV remotemount in to another OMV, other LAN system, client, etc.

Zitat

Remote Mount is a plugin that's designed to mount a remote network share, in a manner which makes the resultant file system appear to be a local filesystem on an OMV6 server. This capability makes makes connections to remote OMV servers, non-OMV servers, and Client network shares possible.

What I want to do is the reverse (?) - I want to have a client access the OMV storage and mount the share(s). Like my Windows 10 system "sees" the OMV as an NAS and thus data storage. I have two OMV drives, each is shared - and I have mounted/connected these two drives to my Windows 10 system.

So for instance - how would I configure my PiHole server to use the OMV shared drives?

Ah - thanks. Thought so - but wanted to be sure.

ok - if I go that way (all guidance is recommended and appreciated) if I have an RPI4 system (not PLEX) and want to point it to the OMV - seems like have the same question: how? I have to edit the fstab file, but what goes in the "share" and "mount" areas?

Very cool!

OK - a simple question with 45 different answers I am sure: Recommended plugins to install? Yes - I know, depends on usage, very subjective question.

I have installed ClamAV - but see no way to configure

I have installed omvextrasorg.

I think I should install: CPUtemp, fail2ban, symlinks

I should install a backup plugin (there are several - recommendation?)....and also onedrive plugin to "backup" the backup?

Your guidance is appreciated!

In PuTTY window, as root, issued this command: wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ckages/raw/master/install | bash

The system runs - no errors in "bell icon"

Above results of running command.

ok - something weird just happened.

Read your msg. Signed into OMV. Rec'd Update available msg. Updated to 6.3.7-2. Then ran wget -o cmd as noted above. Prior to today, I only had 17 plugins. Now (!) I have 45 plugins !

Somehow the update triggered, allowed something, etc., etc., and the plugins loaded.

So - problem resolved? Is 45 the right answer?

Many thanks !

I am also new and having a similar problem. the output of CAT /etc/apt/source.list is:

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye main contrib non-free

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-updates main contrib non-free

# Uncomment deb-src lines below then 'apt-get update' to enable 'apt-get source'

# deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye main contrib non-free

# deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-updates main contrib non-free

Your help pls.

ok - so now some of it comes back to me.

So I have this on my PLEX Server: //192.168.0.32/share /mnt cifs rw,credentials=/home/pi/.smbcredentials,forceuid,uid=1000,forcegid,gid=1000,x-systemd.automount 0 0

That is the prior NAS. So I need to change this for the new OMV (NAS) as follows:

//192.168.0.38/xxxx /mnt cifs rw,credentials=/home/pi/.smbcredentials,forceuid,uid=1000,forcegid,gid=1000,x-systemd.automount 0 0

Ok - this is where I am now confused. I have two drives on the OMV. The shared folders are pi_1 on one drive and pi_2 on another drive. Do I need to make two entries:

//192.168.0.32/pi_1 /mnt cifs rw,credentials=/home/pi/.smbcredentials,forceuid,uid=1000,forcegid,gid=1000,x-systemd.automount 0 0

//192.168.0.32/pi_2 /mnt cifs rw,credentials=/home/pi/.smbcredentials,forceuid,uid=1000,forcegid,gid=1000,x-systemd.automount 0 0

but - what goes in place of "/mnt"?

As to why I do not simply add PLEX to OMV, not sure. I somehow am beginning to think that method would be simpler.