Beiträge von blotza

Hi everyone,

From the "debian-goodies" regular Debian package, there's a "checkrestart" command which is able to show the processes still using the old libraries even after an upgrade.
    When using "stock" update manager from the Web-UI of OMV, everything seems to be fine BUT when you ssh a "sudo checkrestart" on your box, it appears that A LOT of services are not really updated...

Isn't it possible to automate the services restart to deal with it?

BTW: Thank you for this wonderful piece of a NAS solution!

Hi everyone,

Coming from Nas4free I used for several years, I decided to move to OpenMediaVault which seems to suit my need far better.
    The last item to solve before the Big Jump is the USB-DOM to use for the system disk filesystem as it isn't kept in memory just like for Nas4Free, there are continuous R/W (for RRD db, for instance).

I found this on eBay: item number 171425278827 which name is "KingSpec USB DOM 9 pin 8 GB 1 Kanal intern Solid State Drive MLC horizontal".

My question is: does it suit the requirements as a system disk for OMV? And, if not, are you able to give me some resellers/references for that purpose?

Thanks a lot in advance!

PS: testing for a few days OMV in a VM, makes me really impressed (services, ease of use, the plugins framework, the large choice of plugins...)
    Thank you, really!