Beiträge von tomlar1977

Where can I see which version I'm running? Sys info in the GUI says Linux 3.16.0-0.bpo.4.586, and version is 2.2.7. CPU is an AMD Turion II Neo N54L Dual Core

In case I'm running 32 bit, is it possible to upgrade to 64 bit without reinstalling everything?

Hi there!

Been running OMV for about a year, without any hassle or problems, I really like it (as any of you do, I assume!)

Recently, my OwnCloud client started complaining about OwnCloud was an old version not supported anymore, and I started googling. Found out that OwnCloud is more or less not maintained on OMV, so started digging for alternatives, again and again Docker came up. So, what's more natural than trying the medicine myself, so I found the Docker and Docker testing in OMV-Extras, enabled those - but nothing comes up in the Plugins...? Googled more and more, and found out that my installation was 1.x Krazelic, and saw that there is actually a v2 and v3, so updated to v2, updated plugins page, did Apt Clean and so on, but still there are no available plugins containing the famous word Docker...!

What could my problem be? Saw a recent post about Docker being pulled from repos because of some v3 issues, but thought that the old, stable and running versions would still be there...?

Thanks in advance :)

/Tommy

I have a dream, but I don't know if it will come true or be possible :)

The main issue is that in our home we have 5 Android devices, 1 Windows Phone, 3 iPod / iPhones and a Squeezebox Duet (and possibly soon something like Heos, Sonos or something like that). I would really like to have just ONE place for keeping music, audiobooks etc, so that I won't have to copy everything to every device, when we add something. Does something exist, that will allow me to do so? I don't mind using other software than the built-in on the devices, as long as it just works :) Also, if possible, it would be great if it was possible to stream music to the small devices via internet, so I can listen to whatever when running :)

Let me hear from you guys, I can't be the only one dreaming of this, and so far my Googling didn't come up with an golden answer!

/Tommy

I'll let it run at my work for providing OwnCloud storage for myself and a few others, and as storage for some backups of virtual machines, so it'll be running 24x7.
    Just ordered 4 x 3TB WD Red, so what should I do now - RAID 5 or RAID 6 - can OMV tell me by email alerts of something is wrong, so I can replace a disk ASAP?

Hi guys!

I'm about to setup one of these babies in two weeks. Due to an accident at work (looooong story about a VM running out of physical disk space, giving BSOD and no proven disaster recovery plan), I have recently done a lot of googling around, especially on backup and harddrives. From what I've learned, I would say that hardware RAID should only be used, if you can get a precise match of the card, should the ol' one break, otherwise you *could* be in a situation, where you have a lot of disks, but no access to the files on these...!

Well, since I'm about to use a HP N54L, you can guess that I'll use the onboard SATA controller, and let OMV handle the RAID, and in my situation I think I'll do a mirroring / RAID-1. My question is if I should use TLER enabled drives? From what I learned the last few days, in some times they make perfect sense to have, and in other situations, they actually could do more damage than good!

So - should I go for "real" NAS drives, or am I better off with just plain desktop drives? I'll keep a spare disk next to the machine, in case my mirror breaks.

/Tommy

I think the problem might be that the VirtualBox edition is 0.4.24 - found this page (http://wiki.openmediavault.org….php?title=Updates_to_OMV) which says I should be able to update using omv-release-upgrade, but that gives me "command not found"? Also that page states that "Since 0.3.7.1 you can simply use the 'omv-release-upgrade' CLI command to upgrade your system.", but a few lines further down, it says "Fedaykin (0.4.x) -> Sardaukar (0.5.x)You can use the 'omv-release-upgrade' CLI command to upgrade your system when you're on 0.4.36 and higher."?

/Tommy :)

Hi there!

Just ordered a HP G7 MicroServer this morning, since I figured out it would be more fun to build my own rig, instead of buying a Synology or other box ;)

Since I'm impatient, I found the VirtualBox image of an OpenMediaVault installation, and would like to try installing Owncloud on it, since this is one of my "must-haves", but I can't find that plugin?
    The plugins page in the admin web does not contain such a package, so where do I get that one? I would rather not fiddle around with a manual install, since that also could end up being broken when updating OMV!

Thanks in advance :)

/Tommy