Beiträge von caseyj

I can't replicate your problem but ESXi is a better choice anyway.

No hard feeling I still enjoy OMV for share files, Plex and others.... Just for VM I need something else (spend 3 full days to recover from backup is not very fun!).

I use OMV for so many years and installed it 50 times ! And Virtualbox always serve very well....

I install clean 1st use :

- OMV4

- Virtualbox plugin

- In admin I simply create a very simple VM (winXP)

- I click Start. Bam...( Message error capture in other topic of mine.... )

- Voila.... ;( .. Why....

Sorry to say but all my VMs are now in Esxi. And wont be back...

I install clean (not upgrade !) OMV4 then Virtualbox (clean). All clean with HDD totally blank. So here we are : try for 1st VM and BAM! VM cannot start .... !!!

Problem is endless these time with OMV.. Its just me or...... ??

||||||||||

Install a clean OMV3 to a new machine new HDD. After install extras and update (CLI apt-get update then apt-get upgrade) I would install Virtualbox :

||||||

hello, thx for advice but i know how to do that. u have a easier way : just share by smb the entire folder use by virtualbox. so u can move, delete, copy..vm folders just with windows share.. ;)

now if we can more just a plugin function just like before.

we see clearly that before the VM are in

Zitat

srv/dev-disk-by+label-.../Virtualbox

Now they are in

Zitat

root/Virtualbox VMs

So that normal that it all crash after update. The system cannot find the VM folders...

Question : could u update the plugin and set the VM folder like before... srv/dev-disk-by+label-.../ (NOT root/Virtualbox VMs ) ??

Thx.

Ok after some invstigate here we have :

- As alwyas I set virtualbox create in a drive share folder named "Virtualbox". So if a VM is created it must appears here.
    IMG 001.png

- Instead the VM entire folder appear in root/Virtualbox VMs
    IMG 002.png

This change in plugins config make all my VM crush after its update (manually done in update manager) very probably !

To compare, this is a "standard" configuration that VM are in correct folder : srv/dev-disk-by+label-.../Virtualbox
    IMG 003.png

My config was like this [IMG 003.png] before all crush after the "famous" update !

Question : Can someone please clarify this situation ? Should I continue to use omv3.x and Virtbox ? Will this occur again and again in future ?
    This is important we know that because it DANGEROUS !!