Beiträge von johnz1

I have Let's Encrypt certs, but I don't know how to import them into OMV in order to enable SSL. I'm sure this is super simple. I'm just a complete noob with certs.

I can't use the letsencrypt Docker because port 80 is blocked and RCN wanted $19/month (plus activation fee!) to unblock it. I used acme.sh's DNS API mode to successfully get certs from Let's Encrypt. I believe I need to import the certs into OMV, but I don't know how to do this.

I've got a ".cer" cert, a ".key" cert key, and a ".cer" intermediate CA cert. The OMV documentation on certificates says that the certs can be imported directly: https://openmediavault.readthe…general/certificates.html
    I very much don't want to manually cat the cert files and copy & paste the contents into the OMV UI. How can I script the import of the Let's Encrypt certs, given that their location will be static?

With the help of this post, I was able to figure this out: https://forum.openmediavault.o…?postID=152129#post152129

The full chain cert gets copied to the location of 'ssl_certificate' in '/etc/nginx/sites-available/openmediavault-webgui'. The public key goes to the location of 'ssl_certificate_key'.

I have Let's Encrypt certs, but I don't know how to import them into OMV in order to enable SSL. I'm sure this is super simple. I'm just a complete noob with certs.

I can't use the letsencrypt Docker because port 80 is blocked and RCN wanted $19/month (plus activation fee!) to unblock it. I used acme.sh's DNS API mode to successfully get certs from Let's Encrypt. I believe I need to import the certs into OMV, but I don't know how to do this.

I've got a ".cer" cert, a ".key" cert key, and a ".cer" intermediate CA cert. The OMV documentation on certificates says that the certs can be imported directly: https://openmediavault.readthe…general/certificates.html
    I very much don't want to manually cat the cert files and copy & paste the contents into the OMV UI. How can I script the import of the Let's Encrypt certs, given that their location will be static?

With the help of this post, I was able to figure this out: https://forum.openmediavault.o…?postID=152129#post152129

The full chain cert gets copied to the location of 'ssl_certificate' in '/etc/nginx/sites-available/openmediavault-webgui'. The public key goes to the location of 'ssl_certificate_key'.

The only thing in the config which I'm not sure about is the config folder of your container. Maybe try a foldername without a space or '. Maybe just letsencrpt. Some people also said they had problem with using the sharedfolder-path and recommend using the /srv/dev-disk-by-label-diskname/.

Good idea, but that didn't change anything. I changed the data directory path to '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-SSD03/containers/letsencrypt'. Even when it was "Let\'s\ Encrypt", the app was able to write to the directory. It was worth a shot though, thanks.

I believe I'm using the default ISP DNS (RCN). I'll try changing that next - don't have any other ideas of what could be the issue.

I'm at my end with letsencrypt. I really want this to work, but just can't get it to connect ("Timeout during connect (likely firewall problem)"), and I don't know what else I can do. I'd really appreciate any help.

Here's the configuration:

- The domain name (johnzilliox.com) is registered with Namecheap.com. The A record is assigned to my IP address.
    - The router has port forwarding configured for 80 and 443 to the OMV server.
    - When I change the OMV web UI to port 80 or 443, it's externally accessible at johnzilliox.com:80 and johnzilliox.com:443
    - Because of the problem with selecting a network, I'm creating the container from CLI:
    TDL Let's Encrypt tutorial --network error
    I can't use personal network on webGUI (--network my-net)
    - Here are the commands I'm using to create the container:

- Here's the output from the log:

To me, the fact that I can reach OMV when its on 80 and 443 means that it shouldn't be a communication issue between letsencrypt and the server. Again, I'd really appreciate any kind of help here. Thanks

I am finally upgrading from OMV from 2.x to 3.x stable, via fresh installation. As part of this, I need to keep my Plex Media Server data directory. The problem is that the latest version in OMV 2.x is 1.9.4.4325, but the version in OMV 3 is 1.10.1.4602. Does anyone know if my data will work OK with the new version? Will it be upgraded, or does it not need to be?

Alternatively, is there another repo that has an updated package for Debian 7? It would probably be best to update Plex to the latest version, then do the OMV 3 installation.

Thanks

Hi

The FTP Shares section seems to only allow the user to select an entire share to be added. Aside from modifying the proftpd config file outside of the OMV GUI, is there any way to limit the access to a subdirectory of a share? I've looked at the proftpd list of directives, but don't see anything like this.

For example: I can add the "music" share, but I'd like to limit access to just the "music/new" directory.

Thanks for any help

Hello

I'd like to change the mount point for my aufs pool. I am using the unionfilesystems plugin (v1.2) on OMV 1.9 to create an aufs pool consisting of two drives. Currently, it is mounted to "/media/88028261-5afb-4255-9ca7-de7fdc8b5185", but I would like to have it mounted to "/media/pool".

I changed the mount point to "/media/pool" in fstab by making the aufs entry look like this:

none /media/pool aufs br:/media/....

After rebooting, the pool does appear to be mounted to /media/pool, but OMV doesn't seem very happy about it. In the File Systems section, the pool's device name is listed with the old mount point (i.e. /media/88028261-5afb-4255-9ca7-de7fdc8b5185), and it is listed as not mounted, even though I can access it from /media/pool. Furthermore, because the pool is not recognized in the File Systems section, I can not add any shared folders for it, or access the pool in any manner in OMV.

I'm sure I'm missing something here. Is there a script I need to run to update OMV with the manual changes made to fstab? Or is there a better way to change the mount point of an aufs pool?

Thanks for any help

damn, that didn't work either. I ran these commands, then enabled unrar in SAB, restarted SAB, and tried downloading, but got the same error. I think the next step is to get some verbose logging from the unrar operation.

Code
    apt-get --purge remove unrar
    apt-get install unrar

I don't recall installing unrar. My guess is that it was installed as a dependency or as part of a script for something else.

No luck with reinstalling. Same error. Here are the commands I used:

Code
    apt-get remove unrar
    apt-get install unrar

I uninstalled SAB from the OMV plugins menu, deleted the 'sabnzbd' user, and removed all SAB files. To be sure that everything was gone, I (carefully) removed all files that were returned from this command:

Code
    find / -path /media -prune -o -i -name 'sab*' -print

Once it was all gone, I again installed SAB from the OMV Plugins menu. I configured everything manually, and didnt migrate any of the old installation's files. I left all the directories at their default setting, which is to download the files to the 'sabnzbd' user's home directory. Yet still, I received the same error.

However, I'm completely convinced that the problem lies with unrar. Keep in mind that the only problem right now is that the extracted files cannot be moved to the NZB's subdirectory in the destination directory. The files are successfully downloaded into the "Incomplete folder", and the destination directory is successfully created by the sabnzbd user.

If I uncheck "Enable Unrar" in the SAB Post Processing settings, SAB is able to move the downloaded .rar file(s) into the destination directory. The piece that continues to trouble me is that if I extract the rar as the sabnzbd user manually, it completes successfully.

I'm going to take a look at the source code and see if I can find the issue here.