Beiträge von Nem

so in daemon.log I see:

[WARNING ] 01:36:14 torrentmanager:650 Unable to update state file to a compatible version: list index out of range
    [WARNING ] 01:36:14 torrentmanager:753 Unable to load fastresume file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/deluge-daemon/.config/deluge/state/torrents.fastresume'

and web.log:

[WARNING ] 01:36:15 config:361 Unable to open config file /home/deluge-daemon/.config/deluge/hostlist.conf.1.2: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/deluge-daemon/.config/deluge/hostlist.conf.1.2'

here is my output:

1005 2266 0.4 0.6 179788 25136 ? Sl 01:36 0:23 /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/deluged -d -L warning -l /var/log/deluge/daemon.log
    1005 2583 0.0 0.5 77000 23996 ? S 01:36 0:00 /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/deluge-web -L warning -l /var/log/deluge/web.log

I'm running the most recent version that was posted (1.0.1)

just tried doing a completely fresh OMV1 install. I installed libboost-system and libboost-python first, then followed the instructions from an earlier page to install deluge. Everything installs with no problem. I can enable the plugin but whenever I go to the webui for the plugin (http://192.168.1.109:8112/) I'm just greeted with a blank page. Other ports (e.g. plex) are working fine), not sure what is different about deluge

so a few questions to help me understand what's going on here (networking is completely foreign to me)

1. What does that Default Gateway option in the plugin do? i.e. what does it mean for clients to redirect their default network gateway through the vpn?
    2. I have set, in openvpn plugin options, my DNS server to be the internal IP of my router (192.168.1.1). What does it mean to have my router be a DNS server?
    3. Why does it work when I map \\192.168.1.109\Media, but not when I map \\24.84.42.76\Media (public IP), or \\10.8.0.0\Media (VPN network)
    4. Do my clients use the internet connection that it is connected to? Or the internet connection that my NAS/vpn server is connected to? Which bandwidth does it take up?

right, so that would be my vpn network which is the default 10.8.0.0 for example

I've attached a picture of my current settings. I've used a different ip for each of the lan, dns and public addresses

on my laptop, I have tried to map a network drive by mapping \\NAS\Media but it doesn't work. Have also tried mapping things like \\10.8.0.0\NAS\Media - what's the correct way to do this?

192.168.1.1 is how I access my router. I set this as the DNS server, correct?

public address is the WAN IP of my router: 24.84.41.xx

so yes, they are different IPs

Ah, I was thinking it was like the ReadyCache. It seems to not be. How old is it?

its only maybe a year old at this point.

there's currently nothing plugged into it that is not essential (I can pull a stick of RAM, but memtest never gave me any errors so that seems to be ok)

I think what I'll do first is update the bios, try reinstalling OMV onto the other SSD and see what happens. Will update after all this is done

I can add AC voltage variations, especially if you're in rural area

if that were the case, wouldn't this problem have come up before when I used the same machine as my daily driver? I've never had issues with random restarts prior to this. Or is OMV just more sensitive to these types of things than Windows?

memtest has been running now for 10+ hours with no errors, I think its safe to assume the RAM is OK. I'll let it run for another few hours while I'm at work but I doubt anything will come up

I'm going to do a full bios update after I get home later

Full computer specs:

cpu: i5-2500k
    motherboard: msi p67A-G43 B3
    ram: 4gb gskill ripjaws 1333
    gpu: sapphire radeon 6950
    ssd (system): sandisk extreme 120gb
    ssd (storage): samsung 840 120gb (this drive was plugged in later, restarts happen both before and after this drive was used)
    hdd (storage): wd blue 1TB
    psu: corsair tx650W

will it/does it include libboost-system and libboost-python? When I was trying to install it the other day those were the 2 things I had to manually install before anything else would work. Then when I got to the stage where I could see the deluge plugin and could actually activate it, I tried to go to the webgui and it wouldn't connect to anything. I figured it was because of all the messing around I had to do to get everything installed and I ended up breaking something, and I never actually got it working because I couldn't figure out what I did wrong -_-

nice, once running memtest, how would I know that there is a problem with one of the dimms?

The machine has started rebooting itself again. This time not as often (once every 4 hours maybe). It just happened so I grabbed a system log from OMV webgui and attached it here if it helps diagnose the problem at all

I've been trying to get openVPN up and running so that when I'm at school I can use my laptop to get to my home network

I installed the openVPN plugin
    created a user and download the certificate to my laptop (config folder of openvpn directory)
    I'm using

port: 1194
    protocol: udp
    address: 10.8.0.0
    mask: 255.255.255.0
    no default gateway, no client to client
    DNS server: 192.168.1.1
    public ip: external ip of my router

on my laptop I fire up openvpn, connect using the downloaded config file, but when I go to network in windows I don't see any of my shares listed. Am I missing a step somewhere?

When I can into the webgui for OMV, I can see that my laptop is connecting to the openvpn service

Will try a memtest once I've exhausted all other options (I don't believe I can run that with OMV installed? I only know how to run it from windows)

I have also submitted a support log: 99JwUZtW

I tried installing the latest backports kernel. I haven't seen the restart issue since then, but only time will tell I guess. I'll accept that the backports kernel fixed the problem, assuming the support info doesn't give a clue as to something else being the cause of the problem

The box is actually an old computer that I've been using for a few years now, only stopped using it a week ago when I got a new machine. Can it still be a RAM issue if I've never noticed any problems during the time it was my main computer?

Hi all

So I'm very new to this NAS thing but wanted to give OMV a try. I managed to install it ok, but every 5-10mins I noticed the webUI would become unresponsive and I realised that it was because the NAS box is restarting due to some error.

I plugged in a monitor and caught one of the restart cycles. The monitor was displaying this:
    http://imgur.com/PGLF7Aw

Suffice to say I have no idea what this means or why it is doing this. Again, I'm very new to OMV and linux in general, so I'm sure there is more helpful information I could provide - let me know what that might be, and how I can get it, and I'll post it up

thanks in advance