Beiträge von Gregor_OMV

Hi all,

lately I read too much about the possibly failure of incremental backups. That made me overthink my current backup strategy with the omv borg plugin.

I am currently followin the 321 rule by having 3 copies of my borg repository. I sync the local encrypted borg repository to the cloud every day and copy it to an external hard drive using rsync once a week.

Now I know incremental backups do have the highest possibility of failure before full and differential backups because every single incremental backup must be fully working for the worst case szenario of a full restore. I did not want to loose any restore points when loosing one of the 3 backups. Thats why i decided to sync the same repo to 3 places. Now I am afraid of loosing all 3 backups if one backup is not working.

Are my concerns justified? How are you handling this? Are you using borg only or do you make full backups regularly and agree with loosing restore points?

Thanks for your replies,

Gregor

Hi all,

I just joined the forum due to a problem I am facing concerning the omv-onedrive plugin and inotify. Therefore, i think the post fits here.

I backed up my omv data to a secound locally mounted harddrive using borgbackup. Since I also want to have an external backup, I decided to use the omv-onedrive plugin for uploading my backup directories to the cloud. I use the "upload-only" and the "no-remote-delete" option because I dont want the cloud backup to be deleted if the local one is and the same with the local one. And, I also use an "monitor-intervall" of 24 h, because I want to sync my backup once a day.

But, because of "inotify" real-time changes in the files are tracked and uploaded immediately ignoring the configured "monitor-intervall". I learned this from the onedrive-linux-client documentation (onedrive/docs/USAGE.md at master · abraunegg/onedrive · GitHub).

I dont want to upload changes immediately, but only everey 24h. Do you have an idea how I can achieve this behavior?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Gregor