Beiträge von Hodge

HEY,
    I just realized today that the AUFS and MHDDFS plug-ins were updated to ONE single combined plug-in
    I went to update as my current MHDDFS keeps having issues and gets disconnected or something and I have to reboot the server to fix the glitch (drives don't show properly under filesystems either)

I was having the exact same problem: mhddfs appeared to be randomly disconnecting and file systems weren't showing properly either. Here's an excerpt from the syslog:

I initially thought it might be a disk problem but I double-checked SMART logs on all drives and none of them are reporting any errors. I did some digging and this appears to be a bit of an obscure issue but I did turn up some discussion in this thread: http://zackreed.me/articles/84…view=comments#comment_407. Note that one of the people reporting it was also running OMV.

I was getting this error with both the old mhddfs plugin and the new unionfilesys plugin so, after spending way too much time over the holidays trying to troubleshoot this, I finally switched to AUFS. So far, it's been working perfectly but it hasn't even been 24 hrs yet.

Oh, and I second your request for some documentation for some of these plugins. I figured out how the ufs plugin worked through trial and error. It's not complicated but a little bit of an explanation would have been appreciated.

thanks,
    Hodge

Hi all, I've been demoing omv with a virtualbox machine for about a month and was sufficiently impressed to start migrating from my existing unRaid setup this past weekend. Overall, things are going smoothly but It's a 10 bay server with a very large number of shares and this is where I'm hitting a minor UI snag: No matter how many directories I add to the shared folders list, it only displays 25 of them at one time. I can't figure out how to increase the length of this list or scroll through it.

I hope I'm not missing something obvious but this thing has me stumped.

cheers,
    Hodge