Beiträge von btide

Since obviously nobody can help me, here is, what I found out so far.
    First thing is, Calibre sets the ebook-directory to readonly for users, so I changed it recursively to 777. After that I could access the database with my PC-installation of calibre. Unfortunately from time to time occured database-write-errors, since two programs tried to access the database. Perhaps it would help to turn off calibre in omv each time before making changes. However, this is to laborious for me.

So I will maintain my main-calibre-database on my PC as I did before. And from time to time I copy the wohle ebook-directory (including the two database-files) to OMV: turn off Calibre in OMV, delete the whole content of the OMV-ebook-directory, copy everything and turn Calibre on again.

So I do not have the most recent version on the server, but I can do changes to the database. If someone finds a better solution, let me know ;)

I installed the Calibre-Plugin in OMV and it seems to work without problems so far.

However, I intended to use my normal Calibre-frontend to edit the metatags of my ebooks in OMV-Calibre. But when I try to connect to it (via SMB-share), I get an error-message that the database seems to be broken and it can't be repaired.

Is it possible to access to it with a normal Calibre-frontend anyway? If not, how can I edit the metatag-database (title, author, tags, descriptrion, etc.)?

No, nothing happens if I hit any key.

I have had a look in the /boot/grub/grub.cfg, but I don't know, what should be there. I am not even sure, if this is the correct file ;)

Thanks for your reply. I don't know, if this will reduce the writing to 90% or 10%. However, even if I think, an USB-Stick could be an interesting option, because this could mean a new life to an old useless 2GB or 4GB-Stick, my question was more the first one, because I want to install it on a SSD: Is it a good idea to use a ramdisk or set parameters like RAMTMP, RAMRUN or RAMLOCK to reduce write-access on a SSD in OMV?

Btw. I tried to install it on an external hdd, but after reboot I only got the message: 'GRUB loading. Welcome to GRUB!' and a blinking cursor. Seems there is a problem with an external hdd...