Beiträge von extasic

Is there any way to create a share on a location that was not mounted using the web ui in OMV 2.1?

Background: OMV is running in a Docker container for some reasons, and I want to create a share on a Docker volume.

Is there e.g. a way to manually populate the device or share list in order to specify just an absolute path for a share?

Thanks in advance!

thank you for the answers! I just ordered a book about nginx, maybe I get used to it as well?

Just for interest: Why do you prefer nginx over apache? I'm really not an export, but always thought that apache2 is a very good web server if you want many features, and lighttpd is very good if you want it to consume limited resources. So how does nginx compare to them?

Hi!

I want to setup some services that depend on apache (and I'm used to its configuration). As the hardware resources are limited, I would like to remove nginx, and let apache serve the OMV web interface.

I know that OMV uses nginx by default, but is there any way to get rid of it (without breaking OMV updates)?

Thanks in advance!

I am using a fresh installation of OMV 1.0.31 x64.

After the installation succeeded, I installed the netatalk plugin. Even though there was an error message after activating it ("cnid_metadcnid_metad is already running"), it worked and I can access my afp shares. However, I want to enable the service discovery for AFP as well.

I activated AFP in "Service Discovery", a red triangle appeared next to the checkbox and nothing happened. After some time, a message "communication failure" appears. This happens for every change in Service Discovery options, not limited to AFP.

After looking through the config.xml of OMV, I found no afp-related entry in the <zeroconf> section. Adding it manually makes the changes of state or name appear in the Web Interface, but I still don't get Service Discovery.

Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance!