Beiträge von Dead Cell

Sorry folks, me again!

this time it's sickrage, after I reboot or switch on from shutdown, sickrage web ui won't open and displays the error "cannot open page".

sabnzbd and couchpotato open fine straight away but not sickrage.

the only way I can access is by clicking reset under Services>SickBeard but I lose all settings and have to restore from backup.

any ideas why this could be happening?

thanks

EDIT: Ooops Wheezy is actually a version of Debian which Kralizec is based on and which I'm already running!
    I used Unetbootin to burn the image to an USB stick, would that contain the Gparted tool?

Hello subzero and thanks for your response,

It's not just about wear and tear but about speed too which I believe will help if all the processing is done on the actual SSD rather than the mechanical drive.

Doing a quick read up on Wheezy, it sounds like the new version of OMV, I currently have Kralizec installed.

Would you mind expanding on how I can install Wheezy? If you can point me to a guide then I'd happily follow it and give it a go.

More than anything else, this stuff is just fun!

Cheers

Guys,

I have a 128GB SSD drive on which I'd like to install OMV but is it possible to partition the drive and use about 20GB for the OMV system files and use the rest for data?

This would be really handy as it will allow SABnzbd and other applications to (possibly) write quicker to the SSD and more importantly be able to unpack and repair data more quickly. I believe it may also spare the 2.5 inch 2TB drive from wear and tear as it's on pretty much all day. If the SSD dies then no problem, I'll replace it and reinstall OMV but it would be annoying to lose data on the 2.5 inch drive (I always backup any important data to two external drives).

The 2.5 inch drive will only be used when SABnzbd has finished processing the downloaded files before SickRage takes over and moves the completed files from the SSD to the 2.5 inch drive. So in other words no processing is being done on the mechanical drive.

I hope that makes sense.

Please bear in mind I'm a complete Linux noob so I'd appreciate it if you could explain exactly what I need to do. =O

Many thanks :thumbup:

EDIT: Please ignore, I installed extplorer and was able to copy the script to my share and it also allowed me to rename! Excellent plugin! :D

Sorry for double post but not sure if editing the above post would notify Admins or mark the thread as unread.

jhmiller, I followed your advice on another thread (phpbb, is that a completely separate forum to this one?) regarding SABnzbd and SickBeard script which I found in the opt folder as you mentioned. I point SABnzbd to the autoprocesstv folder and SAVE settings but when I go back to Folder settings, the field is blank as the changes aren't saved. I guess this is due to file permissions as per error below. I gave the SABnzbd user access to ADM (is that admin) but still get the error.

I heard that the autoprocesstv script also needs to be renamed as I believe its called autoprocesstv.sample.cfg by default.

So I need to rename the script in the OPT folder and also allow SABnzbd access to the folder/file.

How can I access system files? If i can access system files perhaps it might be easier to just copy the file to my share which SABnzbd already has access to as its where it downloads data to?

2014-11-23 04:37:43,347 ERROR: script_dir directory: /opt/sickbeard/autoProcessTV error accessing

I'm almost there chap. Cheers.

Hi all,

I installed the omvextraplugin then enabled the secondary downloader plugins before installing SickBeard which installed fine.

I then tried to install SABnzbd which failed with the following error:

Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Reading state information...
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
    openmediavault-sabnzbd
    0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 0 B/16.5 kB of archives.
    After this operation, 141 kB of additional disk space will be used.
    WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
    openmediavault-sabnzbd
    Authentication warning overridden.
    Selecting previously unselected package openmediavault-sabnzbd.
    (Reading database ... 42901 files and directories currently installed.)
    Unpacking openmediavault-sabnzbd (from .../openmediavault-sabnzbd_1.0.3_all.deb) ...
    Processing triggers for openmediavault ...
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    Setting up openmediavault-sabnzbd (1.0.3) ...
    Adding sabnzbd user...
    dpkg: error processing openmediavault-sabnzbd (--configure):
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 4
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    openmediavault-sabnzbd

I rebooted, uninstalled all plugins including the omvextra plugin, reinstalled etc but still get the same error.

I'm running kernel 3.16-0.bpo.2-amd64, Version 1.1 Kralizec.

I googled this and found a few posts but they discuss running commands etc which all went over my head.

I assume I can us terminal on my Mac and use SSH to connect to OMV and run such commands?

EDIT: I reinstalled OMV from scratch but the problem persists although the log now contains more entries than before:

Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Reading state information...
    The following extra packages will be installed:
    git git-man libcurl3-gnutls liberror-perl librtmp0 libssh2-1 par2 python
    python-cheetah python-configobj python-feedparser python-minimal
    python-openssl python-support python-yenc python2.7 python2.7-minimal unrar
    unzip
    Suggested packages:
    git-daemon-run git-daemon-sysvinit git-doc git-el git-arch git-cvs git-svn
    git-email git-gui gitk gitweb python-doc python-tk python-markdown
    python-pygments python-memcache python-openssl-doc python-openssl-dbg
    python2.7-doc binfmt-support zip
    Recommended packages:
    patch less python-libxml2 python-chardet python-utidylib
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
    git git-man libcurl3-gnutls liberror-perl librtmp0 libssh2-1
    openmediavault-sabnzbd par2 python python-cheetah python-configobj
    python-feedparser python-minimal python-openssl python-support python-yenc
    python2.7 python2.7-minimal unrar unzip
    0 upgraded, 20 newly installed, 0 to remove and 13 not upgraded.
    Need to get 14.2 MB of archives.
    After this operation, 36.0 MB of additional disk space will be used.
    WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
    librtmp0 libssh2-1 libcurl3-gnutls python2.7-minimal python2.7
    python-minimal python python-support liberror-perl git-man git
    python-cheetah python-configobj python-feedparser par2 python-openssl
    python-yenc unzip unrar openmediavault-sabnzbd
    Authentication warning overridden.
    Get:1 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main librtmp0 amd64 2.4+20111222.git4e06e21-1 [62.3 kB]
    Get:2 http://dh2k.omv-extras.org/debian/ kralizec-miller/main unrar amd64 1:5.0.10-1 [138 kB]
    Get:3 http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates/main libcurl3-gnutls amd64 7.26.0-1+wheezy11 [322 kB]
    Get:4 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main libssh2-1 amd64 1.4.2-1.1 [133 kB]
    Get:5 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main python2.7-minimal amd64 2.7.3-6+deb7u2 [1785 kB]
    Get:6 http://dh2k.omv-extras.org/debian/ kralizec-miller/main openmediavault-sabnzbd all 1.0.3 [16.5 kB]
    Get:7 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main python2.7 amd64 2.7.3-6+deb7u2 [2728 kB]
    Get:8 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main python-minimal all 2.7.3-4+deb7u1 [42.8 kB]
    Get:9 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main python all 2.7.3-4+deb7u1 [181 kB]
    Get:10 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main python-support all 1.0.15 [33.6 kB]
    Get:11 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main liberror-perl all 0.17-1 [23.6 kB]
    Get:12 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main git-man all 1:1.7.10.4-1+wheezy1 [1074 kB]
    Get:13 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main git amd64 1:1.7.10.4-1+wheezy1 [6683 kB]
    Get:14 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main python-cheetah amd64 2.4.4-3 [204 kB]
    Get:15 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main python-configobj all 4.7.2+ds-4 [237 kB]
    Get:16 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main python-feedparser all 5.1.2-1 [62.0 kB]
    Get:17 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main par2 amd64 0.4-11 [102 kB]
    Get:18 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main python-openssl amd64 0.13-2+deb7u1 [175 kB]
    Get:19 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main python-yenc amd64 0.3+debian-2+b2 [19.8 kB]
    Get:20 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main unzip amd64 6.0-8 [194 kB]
    Fetched 14.2 MB in 4s (3067 kB/s)
    Selecting previously unselected package librtmp0:amd64.
    (Reading database ... 40787 files and directories currently installed.)
    Unpacking librtmp0:amd64 (from .../librtmp0_2.4+20111222.git4e06e21-1_amd64.deb) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package libssh2-1:amd64.
    Unpacking libssh2-1:amd64 (from .../libssh2-1_1.4.2-1.1_amd64.deb) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package libcurl3-gnutls:amd64.
    Unpacking libcurl3-gnutls:amd64 (from .../libcurl3-gnutls_7.26.0-1+wheezy11_amd64.deb) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package python2.7-minimal.
    Unpacking python2.7-minimal (from .../python2.7-minimal_2.7.3-6+deb7u2_amd64.deb) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package python2.7.
    Unpacking python2.7 (from .../python2.7_2.7.3-6+deb7u2_amd64.deb) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package python-minimal.
    Unpacking python-minimal (from .../python-minimal_2.7.3-4+deb7u1_all.deb) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package python.
    Unpacking python (from .../python_2.7.3-4+deb7u1_all.deb) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package python-support.
    Unpacking python-support (from .../python-support_1.0.15_all.deb) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package liberror-perl.
    Unpacking liberror-perl (from .../liberror-perl_0.17-1_all.deb) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package git-man.
    Unpacking git-man (from .../git-man_1%3a1.7.10.4-1+wheezy1_all.deb) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package git.
    Unpacking git (from .../git_1%3a1.7.10.4-1+wheezy1_amd64.deb) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package python-cheetah.
    Unpacking python-cheetah (from .../python-cheetah_2.4.4-3_amd64.deb) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package python-configobj.
    Unpacking python-configobj (from .../python-configobj_4.7.2+ds-4_all.deb) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package python-feedparser.
    Unpacking python-feedparser (from .../python-feedparser_5.1.2-1_all.deb) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package par2.
    Unpacking par2 (from .../archives/par2_0.4-11_amd64.deb) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package python-openssl.
    Unpacking python-openssl (from .../python-openssl_0.13-2+deb7u1_amd64.deb) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package python-yenc.
    Unpacking python-yenc (from .../python-yenc_0.3+debian-2+b2_amd64.deb) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package unzip.
    Unpacking unzip (from .../archives/unzip_6.0-8_amd64.deb) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package unrar.
    Unpacking unrar (from .../unrar_1%3a5.0.10-1_amd64.deb) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package openmediavault-sabnzbd.
    Unpacking openmediavault-sabnzbd (from .../openmediavault-sabnzbd_1.0.3_all.deb) ...
    Processing triggers for man-db ...
    Processing triggers for mime-support ...
    Setting up librtmp0:amd64 (2.4+20111222.git4e06e21-1) ...
    Setting up libssh2-1:amd64 (1.4.2-1.1) ...
    Setting up libcurl3-gnutls:amd64 (7.26.0-1+wheezy11) ...
    Setting up python2.7-minimal (2.7.3-6+deb7u2) ...
    Setting up python2.7 (2.7.3-6+deb7u2) ...
    Setting up python-minimal (2.7.3-4+deb7u1) ...
    Setting up python (2.7.3-4+deb7u1) ...
    Setting up python-support (1.0.15) ...
    Setting up liberror-perl (0.17-1) ...
    Setting up git-man (1:1.7.10.4-1+wheezy1) ...
    Setting up git (1:1.7.10.4-1+wheezy1) ...
    Setting up python-cheetah (2.4.4-3) ...
    Setting up python-configobj (4.7.2+ds-4) ...
    Setting up python-feedparser (5.1.2-1) ...
    Setting up par2 (0.4-11) ...
    Setting up python-openssl (0.13-2+deb7u1) ...
    Setting up python-yenc (0.3+debian-2+b2) ...
    Setting up unzip (6.0-8) ...
    Setting up unrar (1:5.0.10-1) ...
    update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/unrar-nonfree to provide /usr/bin/unrar (unrar) in auto mode
    Setting up openmediavault-sabnzbd (1.0.3) ...
    Adding sabnzbd user...
    dpkg: error processing openmediavault-sabnzbd (--configure):
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 4
    Processing triggers for python-support ...
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    openmediavault-sabnzbd

Would really appreciate some help.

Thanks

Hello again rye,

Just thought I'd update the thread to say that I settled for the Celeron N2820 however I got the new N2830 CPU which Intel have replaced the N2820 with. Yay!

OMV is installed on an external USB3 SSD removal drive which sits outside on top of the case, and for data I have connected a 2TB 2.5 inch internal hard drive, performance is good and data read/write is faster than my old qnap!

Power consumption is also impressive:
    Idle (disk not spinning) = 5 watts
    Idle (disk spinning) = 7 watts
    Data read/write = 10/11 watts

Performance of the NUC N2820 is very good with OMV although I'm yet to push the system as I've not yet installed plex, sickbeard and SABnzbd etc so time will tell but it can't be any worse than the old qnap.

I haven't installed Windows or OpenElec (don't plan to either) so can't comment on performance for any other OS.

I wasted a lot of time on this mini project and have made a mess (by ordering NUC i3 and other bits and bobs) but I'm finally very happy with the end result.

I really wanted to keep the NUC i3 but I just couldn't convince myself that it made sense for a single drive NAS especially when it costs about twice as much.

Also another benefit of the Celeron is that it uses a small power adaptor directly at the mains like a mobile charger (no brick) whereas the i3 version, I believe, needs a brick due to the extra power requirements.

I hope this helps other users in the future but please bear in mind that the Celeron only has one internal sata connector which means only ONE internal drive. Not ideal for a NAS but I'm making do with the external USB 3 for now.

It's also quite cheap (total cost about £140 for NUC and 4GB RAM, I already had an SSD and 2.5 HDDs which saved costs considerably) so in the future I can use it as an dedicated HTPC if needs change so it won't go to waste.

Oh and its whisper quiet and runs cool.

Sorry it's turned out like a mini review.

Thanks again for your time Rye.
    Regards

Hello Solo,

Thanks very much for the suggestion but I managed to fix this last night by changing settings in the BIOS, but for the life of me I can't remember exactly which setting it was. I think disabling UEFI completely and changing OS type to Windows 7 were two of the settings although that doesn't make sense especially the last one.

Anyway it's now working a treat although I wish I could figure out how to put the system to standby by pressing the power button. Not an issue just a nice to have .

But I'm just about to update the kernel as you suggested as that seems like the latest. I'm currently running kernel 3.2.0-4amd64.

Many thanks to you once again for your help.

EDIT: I found the standby settings and set the power button to standby but it doesn't work. Will report back if the new Kernel fixes that.

EDIT2: Updating the kernel fixed the power button issue, it now works how ever I set it.

I've only been here for a couple of days but I have to say the support on this forum is incredible.

EDIT3: Please note that after installing the kernel version mentioned above by Solo and then updating the extra updates which appear thereafter, the NUC would hang when Rebooting and would then require a forced shutdown by physically holding down the power button, then pressing again to switch back on. Shutdown, however, worked fine every single time.

To fix the reboot hanging issue I had to change the OS back to Windows 8 in the BIOS, so it seems that this setting is very important after all.

Solo, I can't thank you enough for your help.

Regards

Greetings,

I received the Intel NUC N2820 Celeron today and was pleased that it was actually powered by the new revised 2830 CPU that Intel have very slyly released to the market without changing the actual product code.

Anyway after much frustration with the UEFI BIOS issues I managed to install OMV version 1.0.20 amd64 using an USB stick.I installed OMV to an internally connected 60 GB SSD and it went smoothly on the second attempt (first time around all I got was a black screen after installing OMV no matter how many times I rebooted).

I installed all the available updates via the GUI and kept checking till no more were available, so it's fully up to date.I then had to shut down the system so I could relocate the NUC to my desk as I had it connected to my TV for obvious reasons but the NUC just hung with the following error: "Will now halt. 48.946748] System halted."

I then had to manually press the power button which switched off the NUC but only briefly as a few seconds later it started up again by itself and booted straight into OMV. I obviously don't want this to happen as I will be scheduling shut downs during the night (once you guys help me solve the shut down issue of course) and it's no good if it's just going to switch itself on again.

I had a look in the BIOS and USB Wake from S4/S5 state is off.

By the way it reboots fine without any issues.

I was going to download the whole log and upload here but not sure if that will reveal any sensitive info but will do it on the PC tomorrow and check for the errors and upload selectively, typing on a tablet at the moment.

Please note that I'm a complete newby to Linux and OMV is the first Linux based software that I've installed by myself but I will provide all the info you need as long as you tell me exactly what to do.

Would be really good to get this fixed as I don't want to install Windows 8 and punish myself.

Thanking you in advance.

DC

Greetings,

I'm new here and looking to migrate over to OMV after playing with it in VMware for the past couple of days. I am very impressed with it's simplistic approach and it doesn't feel cluttered, just how a NAS OS should be IMO.

I currently have a QNAP TS-119 II which is getting on a bit especially due to the lack of support for it's arm based CPU. Also QTS is now trying to be more like a desktop OS with it's fancy UI which I find pointless as it now takes more time to get to where I want to be.

Anyway so now I'm hunting for a new low powered NAS setup and here are my requirements:
    - A single 2.5 inch 2TB drive for power efficiency and less noise (no need for RAID or any automated redundancy)
    - Must be able to run SABnzbd + SickBeard + CouchPotato
    - Ideally I would like to keep the power consumption to 10 watts or below as it will be running almost 24/7 (will add some scheduling in to shut down and wake up etc)
    - The NAS will feed data to XBMC running on my Amazon Fire TV so no transcoding needed (I have a reasonably powerful i5 Haswell PC for Plex if ever required)

The Banana Pi looks like a good bet and also very fun but I'm not sure if SABnzbd + SickBeard + CouchPotato will run smoothly in OMV.

I purchased an Intel NUC i3 Haswell still boxed up which I actually bought for an all in one media box, however, I don't want to part with the Fire TV so can use the NUC as a dedicated OMV NAS system but it seems like overkill!

The N2820 Celeron NUC would of course be a better fit but it does not have support for mSATA but just one 2.5 inch SSD or HDD. I guess I could use a flash drive for OMV but from what I've been reading that's not recommended. The other thing I could do is use an external USB3 2TB 2.5 inch drive which will always be connected. Could that work or will performance be affected?

At least the i3 NUC supports mSATA + an additional 2.5 inch drive which is all I need. I cannot see myself requiring any more HDD's down the road as I either backup what I need to an external drive or just delete what I don't need.

I'm very confused and not sure which route to take and would appreciate a little help here.

Thanks in advance.