Beiträge von Mat-Moo

tekkbebe : Sure do :)
    Solo0815 : As I performed the upgrade before seeing any notes about cleaning off files etc. I failed to make alist of what I had installed (hoped it would be easy). I've got plex installed but nothing else from memory (midnight commander but don't see that being an issue)

Also I've noticed in my firefox console log

Code
    Ext.Error: Failed to register workspace panel. The class 'OMV.module.admin.system.notification.Settings' does not exist.
    NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://cowshed/OMV/workspace/form/Panel.js?_dc=1377504870406

[Edit by Solo0815] Thread separated: Old (solved) Thread here
    Mat-Moo has updated, can't access the WebUI, the update-clean-script helped, but after login a white screen appears [/Edit]

Sorry had to go out, run the script, can login but then just get a white screen with nothing??
    Done a LS of the two paths and both are blank.

Run an update as per the blog, when I try and visit the web interface all I get is:-

Error #0:
    exception 'Exception' with message 'Failed to open file js/omv/NavigationPanel.js.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc:42
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(49): OMVHtmlPage->scanFiles('js/omv/Navigati...', Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(49): OMVHtmlPage->scanFiles('js/omv/module/t...', Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(49): OMVHtmlPage->scanFiles('js/omv/module/t...', Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(70): OMVHtmlPage->scanFiles('js/omv/module/a...', Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(186): OMVHtmlPage->scanDir('js/omv/module/a...', Array, true)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(112): OMVWebGui->getJavascriptIncludes()
    #6 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(37): OMVHtmlPage->render()
    #7 {main}

Is there a way to limit the size my log files get to? Just had my box die as it was out of disk space... 250GB! I deleted almost all the log files and rebooted and disk usage is now back to 2%! My log files seem to be running away in size and I want to keep them from growing too large.

Would it be possible to have a 2nd OMV at a remote location and to back each other up (or sync) every night.

Any clues as to where I would start?

So far it's running 3 x 2Gb in raid 5 with a 64Gb SSD OS drive on a 1GB network, don't think it's a speed issue...

As for file types, it's a wide range (cough!) the HD ones are mostly MKV's. Don't think anything is breaking, but some files just don't get listed maybe it's doesn't recognise the internal formats as I have a bunch of AVI files, some list some don't?

Thanks for further advice/help.

Got two issues with MiniDlna:
    1) Some files on my server don't show up, I'm guessing because MiniDlna can't transcode them?
    2) HD files stutter and are unwatchable :( If I stream these direct via windows then they seem to work without issue.

Is there any setting I can change to improve this?

(Running on a HP Proliant N40 mini server)

Not large setup, just lazy, if it was quick to duplicate then extend, at least I don't have to spend ages configuring up each plugin etc. again. A config backup and restore would be nice! :)

My 4GB USB stick has had a couple of fails recently, and on top of that keeps running out of space. I've got a small 32Gb ssd drive to replace it with now, what's the easiest way to transfer my OS and settings to the new disk?

Ok this has happened again today to me. Running on a HP n40L with 4 GB ram, running off a 4GB memory stick (possible cause?) Been running fine for a while, but wanted to copy down a few large files, and this process seems to kill it, however streaming off the device I have no issue. As far as I can tell, I'm running 1GB duplex so is the server. Using dmesg | grep -i eth0 it looks to be seen as a Tigon3.
    Any clues?