Beiträge von Matias_Jose_Seco

I'm happy to notify that now, the microNAS recognizes /dev/mmcblk0 to be addable to RAID5! (maybe it was because of updates or because i've formatted it's fs). :)

Unfortunately now, the microNAS doesn't start properly and stops booting at second ~5, after
    the following output:

Code
    device-mapper: ioctl: 4.23.1-ioctl (2012-12-18) initialised: dn-devel@redhat.com

I've waited for 6 minutes, but it doesn't proceed - 1. Should i wait more ?
    Using Alt + SysRq + R and then E, terminates all tasks, but it proceeds with NET module (registered protocol family 10 and 31, note: it already initialized other protocols) and Bluetooth initialization (e.g HCI device enabled and such) ( 2. maybe something hanging those?), and goes into the login session.

Logging and looking at some logs i've found some infos:
    at "boot" log i've found:

Code
    File system check failed. A log is being saved in /var/log/fsck/checkfs if that location is writable. Please repair the file system manually ... failed!

under suggested checkfs file i found the following errors:

Code
    open: No such file or directory
    fsck died with exit status 6

The only error i get in messages is:
    smsc95xx eth0 device_set_wakeup_enable error -22 several times

Should i disable any plugin ?
    May i attach any particular log ?

Do you mean any storage data ?
    In that case not yet :) They're connected 3 x 32Gb microsd Through USB, 1 through USB-OTG, and one directly in the motherboard (which i can't use as Storage), but they are only connected, not yet formatted nor mounted.
    The only mounted fs is the EMMC flash which has 64Gb and is the root ;).

Thanks!

Hello :)
    I wanted to ask if the following errors shown in Syslog have to be fixed:

collectd[numbers]: rrdcached plugin: rrdc_update(/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/df-root/df_complex-[1].rrd, [numbers], 1) failed with status -1
    collectd[numbers]: Filter subsystem: Built-in target 'write': Dispaching value to all write plugins failed with status -1.

They are repeated many many times!

[1] this field always get: used, reserved or free

i found also:
    monit: 'rootfs' space usage 90.4% matches resource limit -> it already reached 90% of 64 Gb of fs? i will check its total space
    (Ah! it uses a Capacity of 3Gb so it has 300Mb free, does it auto extends ? it has 60 Gb available :))

NEWS!
    - Updates checked and installed
    - Plugins are checked

Some questions:
    - For RAID5 Creation: is there a way to add the internal microSD (/dev/mmcblk0) to be used in the RAID group ?
    - On Plugins section i couldnt find all the stable listed on the extras omv site, do i have to set something ?

Hello!
    The problem is that, where i have to place the server i cant connect to an HDMI display, keyboard and mouse to login and launch omv-initsystem, furthermore i already use every pluggable port (USB, OTG) for raid usb (with microSD!) disks :), so i will find uncomfy to replug everything at each requiered reboot.
    The most easy solution is to set debian odroid-wheezy to start omv-initsystem at boot

Greetings (i excuse for replying late)
    Access to WebGUI works perfectly!
    One last thing i should ask is how to start automatically omv-initsystem after boot.
    (because i have to put it in a place far from HDMI displays)

Thanks!

Hello!
    I've applied wonderfully the image and executed gracefully every given instruction! (despite some innocuous warnings).
    I would like to ask:
    once omv-initsystem is performed,
    should i configure disks and services through the debian lxde environment,
    or i could get in the official OMV interface ? (maybe through web portal?)

Thanks again :) going great!

Good Morning, Afternoon or Night,
    today i would like to write you about an experiment to get a Micro NAS.
    The idea is to realize a very small NAS to be easy portable, low consumption yet have redundancy and average capacity.

So i have came across this hardware targets:
    - Odroid U3
    - 6 x microSD 32GB
    - eMMc optional Module
    - 3 microSDtoUSB adapters
    - 1 microSDtoOTG adapter

To get the following Software setup:
    - Raid 5

Which are your thoughts? What do you think about it?
    Thank you very much for reading, very glad to share this here ! :thumbup:

Questions:
    1. My main concern is about the main storage for the OS: is it correct to install it on a Flash? (From wiki it seems not, so which solution woul be ideal?)
    2. Setting up a RAID 5 with 5 x 32 GB microSDs gives a total amount of 4 x 32 GB of usable data, or there are other further things to ount in?