Beiträge von rambo19997

The problem is that I want that when I create the users Jonny and Alex their home-folders go in 1A, and when I create users Lucy and Silvia their home-folders go in 2B.
    So i want these paths:
    /classes/1A/Jonny
    /classes/1A/Alex
    /classes/2b/Lucy
    /classes/2b/Silvia
    where Jonny,Alex,Lucy and Silvia can modify only their own folders and they can't see what is in another folders.
    Sorry for my english but I'm Italian.

But if there are 4 students for example:
    - jonny
    - alex
    - lucy
    - silvia
    Jonny and Alex are in the class 1A, but Lucy and Silvia are in the class 2B. If I do how you explain to me, their folders go in /dev/sda1/home. So after this, I have to move these user-folders in the appropriate class?

Thanks I resolved all with lvm, the problem now is that I don't know how to create home folder for each user (student).
    I have to make a folder for each class that it is in my school. Inside each class I want to create folders for every students that are in that class and I want that the student can modify only his folder and he can't see what is in other folders of others students. How can I do it?

How can I install omv on a logial volume (lvm)? If I have 1 hard disk with 1 logical volume formatted in ext4, how can I install omv in this volume? I ask this because when I want to install the system, it doesn't say where I want to install openmediavault but he formats the main physical hard disk in ext4 and it installs the system there.

I have to learn it because in my school we have to make a nas that in future it will upgrade with new physical hard disks and the partitions will resize.
    So now for learning I have a machine with 2 pysical hard disk and I'm learning how to do lvm. After i'm going to see how to create folders for each students and professors. There are some problems because I don't know very well lvm and I have to import all students that are in another windows server.

I've just installed lvm plugin but when I try to add a logical volume by clicking in drop-down menu (that it should see all partitions), it's not possible select any physical partitions because they don't appears.