Beiträge von Spiff1

I got a little bit further.
    I just renamed the firmware file coresponding to the file not found message (checked with dmesg).
    After rebooting the firmware is loaded.
    But i don't see any hardware at the tvheadend configuration page :(
    Maybe anything is missing here...

Seems to be loaded successfully

Code
    root@omv:~# dmesg | grep dvb                                                                                                                                                                  
    [   13.300082] dvb-usb: found a 'TeVii S660 USB' in cold state, will try to load a firmware                                                                                                   
    [   13.443919] usb 1-1.5: firmware: direct-loading firmware dvb-usb-s660.fw                                                                                                                   
    [   13.565330] dvb-usb: found a 'TeVii S660 USB' in warm state.                                                                                                                               
    [   13.565390] dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.                                                                                                
    [   13.566006] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (TeVii S660 USB)                                                                                                                          
    [   13.693075] dvb-usb: MAC address: 00:18:bd:5c:5e:14                                                                                                                                        
    [   14.229981] dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 150 msecs.                                                                                                                          
    [   14.229983] dvb-usb: TeVii S660 USB successfully initialized and connected.

Maybe a question conerning tvheadend and docker...

Hello,
    after successfully upgrading from OMV 2 to OMV 4 (fresh install) i also managed to install tvheadend via Docker (was using VDR before).
    Now i need to install the firmware files for my DVB-S2 USB box.
    I downloaded files from here: https://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/DVB-Karten/ (http://www.tevii.com/linux_tevii_ds3000.rar) and put them on my OMV server.

I followed the README file but got stuck with "make":

README

Code
    # cp *.fw /lib/firmware
    # tar xjvf linux-tevii-ds3000.tar.bz2
    # cd linux-tevii-ds3000
    # make && make install

Installation (make) ?(

Code
    root@omv:/tmp/s660/linux-tevii-ds3000# make                                                                                                                                                   
    make -C /tmp/s660/linux-tevii-ds3000/v4l                                                                                                                                                      
    make[1]: Entering directory '/tmp/s660/linux-tevii-ds3000/v4l'                                                                                                                                
    Updating/Creating .config                                                                                                                                                                     
    Preparing to compile for kernel version 4.9.0                                                                                                                                                 
    File not found: /lib/modules/4.9.0-0.bpo.4-amd64/build/.config at ./scripts/make_kconfig.pl line 32, <IN> line 4.                                                                             
    make[1]: *** No rule to make target '.config', needed by '.myconfig'.  Stop.                                                                                                                  
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/s660/linux-tevii-ds3000/v4l'                                                                                                                                 
    Makefile:27: recipe for target 'all' failed                                                                                                                                                   
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Any suggestions?
    Also found another example here (what i did not tried up to now): https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TeVii_S660

Spiff1

Hello SVS,
    sorry for my late answer. I had some busy weeks...
    But i want to solve the problem until christmas now!
    The yaVDR was directly connected to the TV.
    Streaming to my notebook is also only possible with HD channels (i also bought the MPEG-codec for the Raspberry Pi).

Hei SVS,

thank you for your answer!

My Kernel: Linux omv 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.68-1+deb7u4 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    I Built the VNSI servr by myself. As far as i found out that needs to be done to work with the Kodi-VNSI plugin. I did it as described here:
    vdr: vnsi server 5

I was testing channels with Kodi and the VNSI plugin and streamdev and VLC.
    I don't get a picture with both methods when watching SD channels.

This is a working channel (from channels.conf):
    3sat HD;ZDFvision:11347:vC23M5O35S1:S19.2E:22000:6510=27:6520=deu@3,6521=mis@3,6523=mul@3;6522=deu@106:6530;6531=deu:0:11150:1:1010:0

This channel is not working:
    RTL Television;CBC:12187:hC34M2O0S0:S19.2E:27500:163=2:104=ger@4;106=@106:105:0:12003:1:1089:0

Any help is appreciated :)

Spiff1

Hi,
    i stopped the VDR service and started it again.
    This is what i get with cat /var/log/syslog | grep -i vdr

Hi there,

has anyone got any hints for me ?(

My wife is asking me how long i need to solve that. I have one week left :/

Channels are found during regular scan. But no picture.
    I will try to post every log file or debug info you need...

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

i just changed my VDR setup and moved from a ASUS S1-AT5NM10E with a TT S2-3650CI (via USB) to a HP Microserver with OpenMediaVault + VDR plugin.
    I'm using the same TT S2-3650CI and got everything working. I'm watching TV using the VNSI adapter at a Raspberry Pi 2 (xbian).
    The only thing that does not work are SD channels. These channels are found during scan and i can even get sometines EPG data. But i never get a picture.
    With my old setup everything works fine (using yaVDR).

I can get signals for all HD channels with the VDR Live web interface. No signal for SD channels there...

Any suggestions?
    Do you need any config or log files?

Thanks
    Spiff1

Hi,

i had no problems installing Debin Wheezy netinst.
    But now i have the problem that i can't boot from the HDD in the ODD from the HP microserver.
    This is a way to do it anyway: http://www.hardwareluxx.de/com…3207-81.html#post22905333

What i did was configuring my HDD as a Raid 0 array inside the HP Raidcontroller. Now the server starts from the HDD.
    But maybe it is a bad idea to do this configuration???

I can now log into the server via the webinterface!

Don't think that this is a problem.
    It only means that your server isnt registered with its DNS name in the routers DNS.
    Check the IP connectivity of your server with SSH and ping etc.

Hi,
    thank you for your suggestions.
    I can ping the microserver!
    I can also ping e.g. "google.com" from the shell that you can start inside the installer (this is running on the mircroserver itself)!
    I have no idea why i can't reach any debian mirror???

Spiff1

Hi,

i try to install OMV on a HP Microserver Gen8. Network configuration seems to work but can't connect to a debian server.
    My router displays the server with IP address but the hostname is set to "?". Could this be a problem?
    How can i change that during installation?

I opened a shell inside the installer. The file /etc/hostname contains "omv" (that is the name i configured) but my router just shows me "?" as hostname...

Spiff1
    PS: Happy new year

--> Solution:
    Hi,this was the solution:
    1. Installing Debian Wheezy netinstall (with no extra packages) + OpenMediaVault-> Howto install OpenMediaVault on Debian 7.x (Wheezy)
    2. Set the ODD harddisc as Raid 0 Array

Now the Microserver is booting from the HDD in the ODD.
    I don't know if the installation fail with the OpenMediaVault ISO is a general HP microserver Gen8 problem. Could also be my specific network configuration...

Hi,
    thank you for your answers.
    I will use one of my spare 2.5" disks as the system disk.
    The microserver has got 4 bays. I will use two of them now and the others later (when needed).
    Backup system will be my "old" Zyxel NAS where i will install just another disk.
    Sounds like JBOD will be the way to go...
    Spiff1

Hi,
    i'm currently moving from Zyxel NSA325 with two 3TB Drives (JBOD) to a HP Gen8 Microserver (and want to use OMV).
    I'm not sure if i should use JBOD, RAID0 or none of these...
    I will use the Zyxel NAS as a backup system. So i don't need higher Raid levels.
    What would you prefer?
    Do you think i can just move my disks (JBOD) from the Zyxel NAS to the new microserver?

Thanks in advance
    Spiff1
    PS: Merry christnmas and a happy new year!